Muskie Lures

Fishmaster

I've never heard of Sledge lures. I guess they must be more of a local bait to your area. Here on LSC Harvo's, Loke's, Wiley's are the musky baits of choice.

If you have people asking for them then they would be worth stocking but if not I'd pass on them.

Edited by Zib

Zib, I think it's the other way around. You guys on LSC run baits that are unique to your area. It's a unique fishery for sure.

I think all areas have their own unique baits, which I like to find & use on my own waters. When I'm on vacation I always make it a point to stop into the local B&T's just to see if they have any unique lures that I might want to try back home. Plus I always look to see if they have the old Rapala Shad Raps in chartreuse (no longer made) because that's a hot lure for walleye on my favorite lake.

From what I hear, they are worth nothing and will in fact COST you to dispose of them. Tell you what, I'll come take them off your hands for nothing. :whistling:

CCM lol ..i was figureing on selling them for $18.99 i can get about 15 diffrent colors ..not sure if i wana stock them but i will do order's ...also can get another fine muskie bait called Big Fred Jerk Baits 9" in size ..im going to start fishing the Niagara River for Muskie this year and don't wana go out blind on Baits ...im also getting some 12" Deep Diven baits that will dive up to 45ft ..Fishmaster

I've got a couple of sledges, the price you are thinking of 18.99 sounds about right. They tend to be less money than similar baits (ie suicks, bobbies). For Niagara you will want deep diving baits (hookers/jr, depthraiders etc) or baits you can drag (bulldawgs, twin fins etc)

I used them but with no success .. I have a half a dozen Big Jake & Grandma's painted the same colors and what a difference!! Old reliable for me... I fish Nipissing , the French and yes The Sturgeon [ where i get more & bigger fish] ..probably a situation thing right lure right place right time.. Who Knows?? Muskies are mostly unpredictable I think. A good variety is best . Don't rely on one lure alone.. This year so far I've done pretty good with a Calin's 10" twister tail...so far better than anything else for me... Unlike last year I was catching most on a firetigre Grandma