Trolling Motor Battery Question

mattyk

Im planning on picking up my first trolling motor ever and im going with a minn kota. In general how long will the battery last during your day of fishing with average use? I am planning on buying a Bass pro shops deep cycle marine battery, any feed back about these batteries? Thanks.

It really depends on a lot of things like the size of your boat, whether your getting a 12, 24 or 36 volt unit, how high does your boat sit in the water (higher boats are more affected by the wind), and of course the battery/batteries selection. Ask the guys at BassPro for advice and have this info with you.

I just bought the Minnkota 30 lb thrust and used it on brickNblock's 14 foot tinny the other weekend. We were out for about 6 hours...using it most of the time from medium to high speed. When I got home and tested the battery, I still had about 50% charge on the battery. The battery I bought was Canadian Tire's Nautilus deep cycle....the biggest one they had ($109). The conditions were about 15km/h winds and it was a river...so we were going against the current quite a bit. Good luck!