Lower Niagara River Smallies

Minnow

Hey Guys

Haven't posted in a while so will post a few reports to catch up. Haven't been posting but have been doing a lot of fishing!

Hit the lower Niagara twice this past week and hooked into some smallies!

Never really fished the Niagara on my boat before but decided to give a shot so went out with my dad and grandpa and since there was not much structure decided to fish the weedlines and the niagara bar between 20ft and 30ft of water. I knew the gobies were around so all of us were either throwing tubes or goby imitations and the bass were on fire! First trip we caught 14 bass between the 3 of us and the next trip 25 smallies! Not all monsters but lots of fun here are some of the bigger ones of the two trips.

BassNiagaraK.jpg

DadSmallie.jpg

BassNiagaraG.jpg

BassSmallie.jpg

SmallieNiagara.jpg

All of my bass were caught on tubes and many strange colours seemed to work so I experimented and almost any colour of brown or green worked well! I was using my shimano stradic reel for the first time and it is my new favourite reel! The stradic is an amazing reel from the smooth drag to the ultra smooth reeling it is amazing!

I would suggest for people to be careful if you are planning on fishing the Niagara there are some really high current areas where going overboard could be deadly! Life jackets are a strong reccomendation!