The Next Bite - Esox Angler Magazine

Pete Maina

Hi OFner's,

Wondering if the dogsleds have arrived out there yet ... anyone seen the fall issue of the magazine? Got tremendous info on trolling in this issue for a variety of species. OFner's in the issues are Sandy Turk, Andrew Bunker and JP Bushey. Great job! :clapping:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Pete

Looking forward to reading it, Monsieur Maina. BTW, the city passed an ordinance here. I'm not allowed to watch Waters and Woods with John Gillespie before 9AM on weekends or after 11PM on weekdays. Apparently his enthusiasm scares the neighbours.

Hi all,

Just checked back in here after wrestling with my computer a little and phone time (Gosh I'm a computer idiot. THere is a post I was working on about my dad's big fish ... I'm to stupid to downsize a darn pic to get on there ... so, I sent it along to Roy and hopefully he'll post it up for me) ...

(Get the pic Roy?) So they passed an ordinance on Gillespie eh? Does it actually scare them or just keep them awake :whistling:

Hmmm, I see I need to eliminate an "s" in the original post.

Great to hear you got it Whopper - and are enjoying it. Thanks

Great to hear Toronto (and thanks to OFC) ... love to have you aboard. Expect you'll enjoy it.

Darsky, as far as individual Gillespie shows, those can be ordered through my personal website www.petemaina.com, as Gillespie's production guy and Jennifer (who runs the site) collaborate on specific orders. FYI that if you want to wait a while, it sounds as though there will be a specific DVD done on that trip alone.

Thanks all. Hope to be checking in on and off here, as I'll be in this week playing catchup between trips.

Best,

Pete

HI,

Good luck with that EC, but if you don't win you may want to give 'er a go anyway. Great stuff and exceptional issue.

You know, I really haven't heard on that deal ... I don't 'think' the guys are planning on heading to QUinte ... always a question as to whether or not the esox guy of the group will be invited or not. SUre is a tremendous fishery that I would like to try sometime.

Pete

Guest Trophymuskie

I guess we'll be getting it by next week. I don't mind I haven't finish reading my Musky hunter yet.

Funny how my classified ad bill came in yesterday, but I guess it was mailed in a different manner and from a different origin then the mag.

I must admit I was desapointed with a couple of the muskie articles in the last issue. Thye had me shaking my head especially the one about not setting the hook right away but waiting to let the fish eat the bait. If I ever did that I would lose 1000% more fish then I do now, I miss fish because I'm slow of the trigger at times.

HI,

Just in here with a big smile checking posts on the threads here ... appreciate the kind words on thread about my dad's fish and here.

:dunno: smiled until I read this ... possibly, Richard, you may want to explain to me/office (privately), what your issues are.

FYI, the subscriptions and newstand do go from the printer. Billing from office. I hope that any problems you may have had (past or present) as a customer of the magazine's have been handled appropriately.

I am surprised and disappointed by your post. (It has nothing to do with methods that work for one agreeing with the other.)

Thanks for feedback here all ... like to keep abreast of when magazine arrives and thoughts.

Constructive criticism is encouraged too; what you'd like to see ... IMHO Richard, yours doesn't fit the bill of constructive criticism.

Best,

Pete

Uhmmm.... are we missing something here? Richard I have read a what seems to be a thousand of your posts.. I have also read all of Pete's why the bad blood? you guys are Muskie brethren are you not? why the hate?... unless like I said we are missing something..

I hope you guys hash it out in private, as I would hate to see two people that (I personally enjoy seeing threads from) publicly bash each other in a manner that is not in the spirit of this board..

I understand Muskie fishermen are VERY passionate about their sport.. but please lets not turn this into a flame war. As some people on this very forum lookup to the both of you.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Pete

Dude just continue to do what you do best and thats being you

As genuine as you will ever find

To the folks at EA ,great work

Nice thing about EA,some very good people from OFC contribute to the mag

It is mag for the people by the people,you dont have to be a somebody in the fishing world to contribute,you simply just have to want to share your educational experiences

Gerrit,just look over any negative response

Guest Trophymuskie

Wow here we go again, I explained what I believed the reason was that the bill got here before the mag and I believe I was right. I was sure it was clear that it was a statement and not a complain as lord knows I've been late paying the bill before and may be again in the future.

And what is wrong with me stating that I was disappointed with a couple of articles? Man I'm about to read my third article from my MHM about fishing in the dark and I think it's way to much.

I think someone has his underwear in a bunch and it's easy to know why. Maybe it's the fact that I mentioned Musky hunter or who he's hanging around with.

Me and Pete have had a few exchanges in the past but I thought things were all ironed out but that was before he was hanging out with Marc.

I believe my post was of quality without any malicious intent and yes a bit of constructive criticism.

I've been a reader as well as advertiser in EA ever since the first issue and still read it even though that I not only have to flip pass some pike article but walleye as well. And that is entirely my choice as the EA folks can do whatever they want with their magazine and it's up to us to decide to buy it or not.

Gerritt like I mentioned above I don't see anything wrong with my post, maybe you can PM me and explain what you see. I don't need to ask the others and no mater what I do or say they'll be coming after me. 8 years and running. ROFLMAO

Edited by Trophymuskie

Wow here we go again, I explained what I believed the reason was that the bill got here before the mag and I believe I was right.

I believe my post was of quality without any malicious intent and yes a bit of constructive criticism.

Personally I think .. talking about EA billing practices on this board is wrong... thats not a public conversation... of course anyone would know that bills and the magazine come from different places.... I got my bill for my FULL PAGE ad before I got the magazine... who cares....

This thread is locked... by me...