Little Lake Report

ace10002

We when to the Little Lake at Barrie on Saturday. I was worry that there going to be a storm but the day was perfect for fishing. Weather was pretty cool and very little wind. I was looking to catch Bass because I never caught one in my life and I was using buzzbait. After 2hours nothing.. I gave up using buzzbait and took out a replica minnow and gave it a try. And after few throw I caught a big mouth about 10 inches long. :thumbsup_anim: It was my first time and I felt good. This little guy has more strength than much bigger pike. Then few minutes later another bit!! this one felt much heavier than the first one and didn't even jump. The fish went under the boat and gave a good fight for few minutes. And finally I brought up to the boat and I was surprise how big this guy was. I think at least 3~4lb :clapping: Pretty good for the first time..

fish_02.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats. Thats a decent bass. Suprised you didn't catch any fish on the buzzbait early in the morning. A white spinner bait (colorado blades)works great and when the sun is up, look for the deepest water(10-12 feet) with least weed growth and throw out a simple black grub and jig. They will smash it before it hits the ground most of the time.

Edited by Johnny Bass