Bronte.... 3AM to 7AM

HIMTI

After reading the post that Salmon were caught off Bronte harbor. I decided to give it a shot.

Threw Little Cleos for 4 hours and nothing. there were about 8-10 fishermen there and no one had anything.

Sad starting to the day today.

Edited by HIMTI

Sorry you got skunked.... I worked at my part time job from 3 till 8 AM before I went to the regular job (which only took me 45 minutes today I love being on salary) and I am betting you still had the better time LOL.

The rain will definitely help and so will the cooler temps coming next week along with the full moon ;o)

Edited by Canuck2fan

That's pier fishing. Only way to increase your odds of hookin' into a fish is by heading out more often.

Also, the salmon are just starting to gather at the river mouths so be patient and keep fishing.

Oh, and thanks for your report, by the way!

Edited by Mike Pike

Yep, hit or miss as fatherof3 and MTP say, you just gotta be persistant.

Some years I have gone 3 or 4 trips getting skunked, but then get nights that you get 5 or 6 fish, it's all timing, and nobody can say for sure when a good time to go is.

You can't catch 'em when you're logged into OFC though, so get out there! (well maybe if you have a cell phone with internet or similar device! :lol:)

Tony

Damn them spoons.LOL

I like to read about the guys fishing from the rocks/piers from down at Lake Ontario way. I really enjoyed my times down there chucking the Cleo and Croc.Met alot of good people there.

Keep at it,they will bite, and you will be rewarded.

The Bronte fish are partial to chicken wing remnants from the firehall. I suggest going for some wings and a bevvie at the Firehall, then going down to the pier. You are probably laughing, but it has worked in the past...

Yup, that's the pattern. I wish you hadn't have posted it Fishnfiend. Now everyone's gonna know about it.

lol

Head out to the lift bridge on the Hamilton side and cast glow in the dark cleos right where the break wall starts. Always got them there first before the pier at Bronte

Interesting...I have found Bronte to be hot earlier than the shipping canal. Might have to spend some time there! :)

Tony

Edited by tonyb

I was out this morning in anywhere from 40-130 feet, lots marked from 45 out to 110 by the ship canal. Managed one 15 lber only out for a few hours.

Boats were all in close, almost within casting distance :)

Lots jumping too, I'd say casting from the ship canal in the next few days esp after these rains should yield some, good luck!

It's been a crazy summer trolling, spring was good, then fish were out way deep most of last July and Aug, might have some good later runs too.

Fish I got today was still very silver.