TOUGH COLDFRONT FOOTBALLS ( SIMCOE REPORT)

snagmaster

Got out this afternoon for a few hours to see how the fishing would be in this terrible coldfront with eric a fellow ofner..The water temps were down to 69 deg...2 weeks ago it was 81deg. WOW..We knew it was going to be tough. I picked up the first fish in about 18fow workin my jig agressively. It was like october out there....

nice 4lber.

IMG_0472.jpg.

The fish today faught much better then in the 80deg water 2 weeks ago ...good rippers but no jumps...hmmm.. couldnt head over to others spots do to 3 foot rollers...

The fish were really turned off due to the coldfront but the sun came out for the last hour and I managed to hook one more fish just under 4lbs. It was stubby like a football tho.

IMG_0474.jpg

Eric had a tough day and the coldfront conditions didnt help the bite , he was great on the net tho. We both had a great time with the fall like conditons but summer aint over yet, i want some more august heat..lol

Good luck on the water

Edited by snagmasteral

Nice job

We were in the same area ( judging by background) with only one fish on and none in the boat .

Only thing I caught was a couple of shoals with the prop :wallbash:

Luckily no damage.

We only hung out for a couple of hours as the action was slow , water rough and my young nephew kept falling asleep ( up with the scoots the night before)

TB

lol...hahaha...i dont think its the same spot ...lol...you would have to be within 10ft of the shoreline to hit a rock there....lol...no shaols in that area that could sting your prop unless you were really drunk. hahaha...but yea the bite was slow ...maybe ill be able to get out tomorrow to hook into a few ...fished a few hours the next day ...slow bite again...i went 1 for 3 ...they were biting light....fish was decent tho about 4lbs...