Lake Baptiste

Joey

Hey babes.... while I know nothing of the lake... I hope you and Paul have a great time!.. I can think of noone else that deserves a vacation more then you two....

Hows the new place treating you guys?? where abouts are you in relation to 407 and Young St... I am through there almost every other day.. Lunch? Pho? mmmmmmm...

Gerritt.

Keram, the place we're thinking about it on Lavalee Bay.

Gerritt, we're very close to the 407 and Yonge St. Weren't you going to come by and look at my BBQ mister :P

I also work close to there too so if you want to go for Pho just name the day and I'll be there!

Joey

I thought your BBQ issue was taken care of.... That is why I didn't bother...?? is it still not resolved? I basically work @ 407 and Jane... but I head into downtown ALOT... Lets hook up and chow down! Think we can dress Paul up so he is Pretty oh so pretty ohhhh so pretty and witty and gay! LOL....goodtimes!

Lets get-R-done!

I'll PM you my cell.

Gerritt.

Gerritt's pretty busy Joey. I'll look at you BBQ if you want.

Taking a look under her hood are yah? Err I mean the BBQ's hood LOL.... I seriously thought it was taken care of... I will make a point of looking at it if it is not..

G.

Think we can dress Paul up so he is Pretty oh so pretty ohhhh so pretty and witty and gay! LOL....goodtimes!

I'll PM you my cell.

Gerritt.

GOD that was funny!! :lol:

PM returned hon,

Joey

Keram, thanks alot. I await your info when you get a chance.

I fished Baptiste and came up with nothing to mention about ... of course that was no fault of the lake. Just ours! We marked huge schools of very large arcs, in many areas. They are in there in big numbers, and large sizes, both pickerel and lakers. Plenty of underwater structure for the bass and pike as well. Good luck!

A friend of the family has a cottage on Baptiste right down by "the village". I was up there for the first time for a week in June and I thought the fishing was kind of brutal. I mean, I guess it was okay in the evening, but really really tough during the day. I caught about 10 pike, 0 muskie <_< and a about a half dozen walleyes and smallmouth for the week.

I'm not sure how busy it is this time of the year, but when I was up there, every night around 6-7pm about a dozen boats seemed to come out of nowhere and they'd all be hanging around on the NE side of Blueberry island (here's a map for reference). That's where we caught the majority of our pike.

The word on the water was that the Ripples is the place to go to catch walleyes, but I only fished there once and didn't have any luck.

Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did.

There is actually more than one place on the lake that can be described as Lavalley Bay. Lavalley Bay Cottages is located on the second bay to the east of Dog Bay; that may be the bay that you will be on. The bay to the north west of Blueberry Island (see map link above) is also referred to as Lavalley Bay. I have never actually seen the area labelled as Lavalley Bay on the map being referred to as Lavalley Bay before; we certainly don;t need a third Lavalley Bay on the lake. ;)

There are only a few spots on the lake where rocks are concern. Logs and stumps are much more common.

The predominant species in the lake are pike and rock bass. There are also good numbers of large and small mouth bass. Muskies were once plentiful but have declined since pike appeared in the lake. Walleye and lake trout are more difficult to catch. Keep in mind that there is both a slot limit and a shortened season for lake trout on the lake.

Dog Bay is a good spot for a variety of species. The area between the mouths of the two narrow outlets at the back of the bay usually produce for me. The rest of the bay has good spots as well.

The area around Blueberry Island is also good; especially near the two islands to the south west of Blueberry.

The entire area between the narrows by Hay Bay up the Ripples produces well.

If you see an Alumacraft with a 55hp Suzuki; that is my boat... my brother uses it too so it may not be me in it.

Good luck

Hi Joey,

Several years ago I cruised through Baptiste on a watercraft with very little draught and was still concerned about the many logs and stumps. I wasn't fishing back then but would think it was a structure fishing paradise. Good luck and let us know how you did.

Barn