17 Miles Out..Lake Ontario Amazing !!!!!!

fishindevil

Well with only one week left in the great ontario salmon derby,myself and my buddy have been putting in tons of hours on lake ontario trying to get a big prize ,and catch the big ones....we have been doing amazing ,and always doing real well,with lots of fish caught and some real nice big rainbows and cohos, with one king salmon ,i dont take pics everytime and post every single fish or it would be getting a little time consuming as well as ridiculous...it would be just to many of the same over,& over & over,so i will post yesterdays result as we were almost 18 miles out of port darlington,we were only 2 miles from the united states border,....man thats a long way from home...well we started at about 300ft of water which is about 10miles out and we just started trolling south,with almost 6-9 ft waves,yes it was rough but his boat is 26ft and we were still being tossed like a cork,plust its the only way we could keep 4 lines in....well we stopped and turned around at almost 500ft of water as well our friends had 2 boats and we all fished within a few miles of eachother and they caught 20fish between them ,they also had charters we didnt so all their customers had alot of fish to take home,as well as most of our fish too,so after all the pics and weighing in ,we had a couple HUNDRED POUNDS of fish,so after we took turns getting our pics on the bar with the hooks on it,at one time we had 18 fish on them,it took 3 hours to clean all those fish too....man i dont keep many from lake ontario so i forgot how hard it is to clean all those big fish, it was a very rough day out there too as ,we were in the shipping lanes for sure....well we went 24 for 30....yes i swear thats the truth.and most were between 10-20lbs...we caught them on everything we put down..wire dipseys,..spoons,meat rigs,atomik trolling flies,with the best depth being 45ft down and 60ft down....until almost noon when the sun pushed them deeper,then it was down to 80ft....we had double headers and sometimes we went an hour straight reeling in fish,cause we couldnt get all 4 lines down....it was my best day ever on lake ontario for numbers of fish,i have caught lots bigger but it was literally a fish ever few minutes lol..lol......my big rainbow was 14lbs and i got a real nice coho at 16lbs....thats a real nice coho by the way.....so check out the pics and it was thanks to my bud capt robert simmen boat named time off.....man my arms and back are still sore from catching that many fish in 10ft waves......so enjoy the pics....i also have a fish for team 3 fin-chasers

24for30aug182007012.jpg

24for30aug182007016.jpg

my nice big coho....

24for30aug182007015.jpg

24for30aug182007008.jpg

my nice big rainbow trout...

24for30aug182007007.jpg

30-7.jpg

here is where the shipping lanes are...you give them lots of room

30-6.jpg

30.10ChinookSalmonjuly107056.jpg

SalmonwithTimeOff016.jpg

that's awesome, thanks for the report. I was out today out of Whitby and got skunked but from the chatter on the radio it seemed guys were doing ok aout in very deep water. I might have to venture out there in my small boat this week if we can get some very calm days!!

Good luck the rest of the week. I can't seem to get anything of any size to get anwhere near the board.

Craig

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!Sounds like you got into them thick!Your adrenalin must have been rushing. Thats alot of Salmon in a short period of time! Good job!

STILL LOOKIN PRETTY SILVER AND PRETTY FAR OUT FOR THIS TIME OF YR !! WOW!!!

LOOKS LIKE A LATER RUN PERHAPS!!!

BEAUTY JOB OUT THERE BRO!!! AND THATS 1 FAT COHO!!!!!

the big spawners wouldn;t be out that far... i used to fish out there too years ago..always dependable and lots of cooperative rainbows and coho..but the big chinooks were not usually caught out that far - and this is evident by his excellent catch which is most coho/bows

the cohos spawn later too...

I remember having rainbows follow my spoons right to the boat a I retrieved my lures to reset lines...they're fearless out there...i guess they don;t get much attention out in that deep water!!