Not many fishing reports from me..... NF

ccmtcanada

Well, my reports have tailed off a bit in the past few weeks. I have gone fishing, but I've been busy with my band...doing some recording and videotaping.

<BR><BR>

When we do songs like this, I do everything technical...this means I record each track separately, set up the microphones, as well as mix the final product. To give you an idea of how long it takes, I'll spend about 1 hour just placing mics for the drums and a sound check to make sure the levels are to my liking. The recording process for this song took about 4 hours...yes...for a 3 minute song...LOL. The mixing takes me about 12 hours.

<BR><BR>

Anyhow...after about 8 to 10 different mixes, I settle on the final product. Then comes the video production. I'll usually videotape us playing the song 3 to 5 times...this gives me lots of raw footage to edit and synch video to the audio track. It's challenging and fun being a recording engineer, producer, recording artist and video editor.

<BR><BR>

The final result is what is shown below...it's a song called "Steady as She Goes", originally by the Recantours. I hope you enjoy it!

<BR><BR>

<object width="320" height="240"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXVOfb41X8"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXVOfb41X8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqXVOfb41X8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

<BR><BR>

I am in the process of writing an OFC theme song. I have the drums/bass rhythm written, as well as a guitar line. Just working on vocal melodies and of course the lyrics!!

I'm very impressed Cliff. That really sounds and looks great. Speaking of rock and roll music, I'm going to a 70's and 80's outdoor concert this afternoon. The lineup includes Rick Derringer, Bay City Rollers, Edgar Winter Group, Orleans and Tommy Tutone. I can't believe that Sis is dragging me there when the Brook Trout fishing is at it's best at this time of the year. Oh well. Maybe next weekend... :wallbash:

you and your band are really good. If you guys ever play in bars, you should check out this bar in Oakville called Moonshine. They have live bands every day, mostly blues bands, rock, and on certain days its basically take the mike and go for it. I have only been there a couple of times, and I was not disapointed, the bands are all very good. I have never been there on jam night, but I heard its very good too. The owner charges a cover most nights, and I think a portion goes to the band.

That is great Cliff. Now where were you the last month when I was trying to find that song. I knew it was Jack White, so I kept searching all the songs by the White Stripes, to no avail. I finally found out he had the band The Racontours (also known as The Sabatours). Sheesh :rolleyes:

Sounds awesome. I can't wait for the OFC song :clapping:

Joey