Bronte

dobee

For those who have made your own longer handle bar, what material did you use ?

Would be nice if it can be removable for travel purpose. & or to fit in a smaller vehicle.

i bought a $25 Mr. LongArm painting handle at home depot. it extends to 12'. i cut 1" off the end of the handle of my net to get rid of the plastic plug. the net handle fits perfectly on the end of the LongArm. i simply drilled a 2 holes and got some stainless steel nuts & bolts. works well and fits in the car.

Hi, I am new here. Can you please tell me where in Bronte did you fish? I have only been fishing in hamilton and only been catching catfish and small bass. I'd love to try out for some salmon fishing in Bronte.

I've heard ppl use marshmallow as bait for salmon. Does it really work?

Thanks in advance!

lotsa people will fish with spoons (cleos and such) off many of the piers along the lake and particularily by river mouths... IF you look at these spots you will find salmon... I saw a pile of em jumping around when I was out tonight, and I got two good strikes but none were hooked... ohh well maybe next time

lotsa people will fish with spoons (cleos and such) off many of the piers along the lake and particularily by river mouths... IF you look at these spots you will find salmon... I saw a pile of em jumping around when I was out tonight, and I got two good strikes but none were hooked... ohh well maybe next time

Thanks for the tips. I've never been to Bronte b4. so i should go at night for the salmon? like around sun-down? and where should i park when i drive there?

I use Shimano Convergence 10'0" Medium Power - Slow Action spinning rod.

Do you think the problem of not being able to bring in 'larger' salmon fast enough is due to my rod's SLOW action characteristic ?

Would a Medium Power + Fast Action help me bring in the fish faster ?

or should I be using a Medium Heavy rod ?

(Couldn't find any rod longer than 8'6" which isi MidHeavy)

(Slow Action = Entire rod bending)

(Only Shimano label their rods with action characteristic of the rod)

You can get away with light line (8lb mono) if you have a long rod... 11'+

Otherwise run heavier line, like 30lb power pro (8lb diameter)...but use a uni-uni knot and tie on a section of mono or flouro (12-20lb) to help absorb some of the shock when the fish hits or you'll end up cracking off fish if you set the hook like you normally do when fishing with mono.

I don't think they are that line shy, you're fishing after dark anyway...

As for fishing the creeks, use the lightest possible line you can get away with (again longer the rod, lighter the line as the rod can absorb energy from the fish)

Tony

Well after dark at this time of year Henry...at least an hour after sunset.

Early morning is good too, 5am when it's still dark.

Glow in the dark or rattling lures will be your best bet.

Tony

Thanks a lot, Tony! Well, seeing as it's already almost 2:30am, maybe I'll just hit the pier tonite around 4-5am like u said!

now I just hope my 6' medium action rod with 10lb test line can handle the fish...lol

News travels fast. Neither BPS nor LB had any 3/4 oz glow-in-the-dark little cleo's left, not even one. LOL

LOL I stocked up about two weeks ago and cleaned out the LB in Mississauga :devil:

Check around at different Walmarts as they carry them as well.

Burt :)