Tested a few new thing with the canoe tonight.

ccmtcanada

I just cant seem to thank basskicker enough for the canoe...we are having such a good time with it. Hard to believe that 2 years ago, we pretty much sat on our butts and didn't spend any time outside! Since we got into fishing, we are quite the outdoorsy family now...LOL.

Anyhow, Solopaddler was kind enough to give us a great trolling motor bracket that we were hoping would fit our canoe. A good friend of mine had a small 20lb thrust trolling motor and battery that he graciously loaned us. My 5 year old daughter also helped me mix up some cement that we put in a few large coffee cans to fashion a few home made anchors. Bly took our little one to get a kids paddle...she picked it out all by herself.

So, with all these new toys, we decided to test it all on the water tonight. I got home from work at 530, and after a quick dinner, we strapped the canoe to the top of the car and headed off to Darlington Provincial Park. I attached the trolling motor bracket (it took a few times before I had it on correctly!!) and put the motor on and it was very solid! After putting on the outriggers, we launched at around 7pm. Everything worked out great! Here's a few pics of our time on the water. We didn't catch any fish, but we had a great time out there.

canoe1.jpg

canoe3.jpg

The next step for us is to get our own trolling motor, battery and charger...then watch out fish!! Thanks to all who sent PMs or replied on my thread on canoe friendly waters...we're gonna hit a Kawartha lake this weekend to hopefully catch some fish!!!

PS...Why does the profanity filter on this site change "m a r s h" to "whats his name"???? LOL....

Edited by ccmtcanada

Yeah I noticed that one as well - the dreaded M word. No idea why either. The boats looking great, can't wait to here how the weekend excursions go. All of us on the Kawartha lakes will have to keep an eye out for the the outrigger super canoe this weekend.

Hey Cliff!

I My OFC hasn't been working properly the past couple of weeks - but my fiance downloaed the new Safari for me last night and it's working like a charm....I didn't know you had SOUPED up your Canoe! It's lookin' sweet! congrats on the toy! It's so nice to see people being so generous!

Cheers!

UF

I love your love of living.

I have a few canoe tricks to share. Perhaps at the islands or Tommy Thompson.

S

Grant...would love to get out with you again...since we are newbies at the canoe thing, any tips would be great! I'll be in touch soon.