Bluffer's Aug 13

iceguy

Was out solo this morning out of bluffer's. After fishing the P.C area yesterday with poor results I headed east this morning. I put a wire dispey with a Spin Doctor and fly out first was in the process of putting the second rod down when the dispey fired. After some good runs I finally netted the fish(which was tough cause the of the 6 ft lead on the dipsey and the rough water) got it in the boat notice It was a little stalkier than most of the fish I caught this year. Put it on the scale and it was bouncing between 26-30lbs. When I brought it in to the weigh scale it settled on 29.12 pounds. Didn't get a picture as they kept the fish. Hope it hold's so I can get in the fish-off.

P.S I always wear a PFD when fishing alone. setting your lines in the rigger over the side of the boat in rough sea's is very dangerous and anyone could stumble over board.

Edited by iceguy

Congrats iceguy, I was out yesterday and didn't fair as well. Out on the big water I do not fish alone. I need help dealing with all the lines. As well, if its rough, I stay home. Before I go out, I check the Environment Canada Marine forecast and the Weather Network marine forecast. Also check the local forecasted wind conditions. Better save than sorry.

Good luck on your big fish.