6lb fluoro knots are NG

glen

I am trying to use some 6lb seaguar fluoro leaders but i cant find a knot that will hold. i have tried many. Any thoughts on a good knot or anything i can try. I tried to use a swivel between the main line and the fluoro but that knot broke too.

I was thinking maybe i should try 10lb fluoro but would 10lb fluoro be more invisible than 6lb mono???

I see no use for the 6lb fluoro the way this is going. I need a beer.

Thanks for any help.

I am trying to use some 6lb seaguar fluoro leaders but i cant find a knot that will hold. i have tried many. Any thoughts on a good knot or anything i can try. I tried to use a swivel between the main line and the fluoro but that knot broke too.

I was thinking maybe i should try 10lb fluoro but would 10lb fluoro be more invisible than 6lb mono???

I see no use for the 6lb fluoro the way this is going. I need a beer.

Thanks for any help.

One knot and I never had a problem with it. Tripple surgeon's knot, I love this knot.

Hope this helps,

Daniel

OCH

Check out this Orvis Site.

http://www.orvis.com/orvis_assets/files/index.html

I use the Orvis Tippet knot to join my mainline to a florocarbon leader and the The Orvis Hook knot for my hooks. I always step down about 2 lbs per knot. That means that if my mainline is 10 lb test and I want to use a 6lb leader, I'll tie a short 8 lb to my mainline , then the 6lb to the short piece.Tried virtually all the knot I could find years ago and these two knots come out on top. I still break off once in a while because I'm too lazy to retie after landing a fish.

You can't go wrong with these two.

Muddler

How did the knot fail? Did it break right at the tying point or further up. I had a bunch of fluoro that was no good.... It just snapped whenever you took it and gave it a tug. If you just pulled on the knot wouldn't break the tackle store said it was something to do with poor tinsile strenght....

I have not ever had good luck with 6lb fluoro either. I just use trilene XT now LOL

I tried the polymer knot and it failed. I will try the surgeon.

Thanks.

When you tye the knot,are you wetting it? Are you pulling both ends? Are you leaving a bit of a tag on the cut end?

Never had an issue with the polymer knot .

Brian i have tried everything.

Tomcat i want to join the main line to a fluoro leader. I tried the double uni already. I will try it again.

Maybe the 6lb fluoro is weak or something. I got six hours of trying in so far but i am running out of beer so i may have to give up till tomorrow.

What a pain. I have never had any trouble with 6lb mono. It is like it is cutting into itself. Stupid line.

I have been using 6lb flouro for all this year so far and have tied a number of knots with no issues. Clinch knot, uni knot and a trilene knot all seemed to work. However, I did have this problem with some 12lb spiderwire mono.....and everything broke. I summoned it to a bad spool of line. In fact the line never made it to water. A few years ago I had a similar problem with some Gold Stren I was trying for the first time. I have not used any Stren product since then.....

Perhaps you got a bad batch/old spool of line?

Bill

I've been using successfully a Crawford knot for over 30 years......from muskies to #18 flies on a 6x floro tippet. I found the knot in a book...."Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers".....easy to tie, and quite strong.....always test first.....if it slips a bit, retie.....but if seated properly you will love it.

Like Misfish sais. You must wet the line first.

Jackel

When you uniknot,put the whole knot area in yer mouth and pull both ends.Just dont catch yer toung in the knot.LOL

I used 8 pound CFX like I said last week,direct to the braid.Pulled fish out of weeds and all,no issues.

Even yanked a few today on the river with Terry.Same lead and all,never changed up. :clapping::Gonefishing: