What's in lake Bernard?

jediangler

Have a friend who is going to lake Bernard near Sundridge and he asked me what kind of fish there are in the lake. All I could find was info saying that lake trout are in there but no other info. I imagine smallmouth would be there as well. Any info would be appreciated, no need for secret spots or gps waypoints. He is visiting his girlfriends family and wanted to get away for an hour or two and try his luck. Thanks.

I know for a fact there is Lake Trout and Whities. I have ice fished there a couple of years ago with a few buds and we did really good, 6 whities from 1lb-3lb and 1 8lb laker in 4 hours, and we lost 6 other whities at the hole. I have never fished there on soft water sorry, but it is not a huge lake should be able to find something biting if you got a couple of hours to kill.

Good luck

All I've heard is lakers and smallies. We fished it once and it was tough fishing. The lakers were down DEEP!!

Interesting fact, Lake Bernard is the largest freshwater lake without an island. Some useless trivia for the day :lol:

Joey