July 28 Bass Report *PICS*

Well a buddy was visiting from Pickering and another buddy was up camping for the weekend, so what better incentive to go fishing?? Took them out to a small lake nearby for some fun fishing.

Being a tournament angler, most of my fishing is either tournaments or pre-fishing, where I'm trying to get them to bite but not hook them. I really lose sight of the "fun fishing." And let me tell you, I had a blast on Saturday with my two buddies. Being a tournament angler, we still had to each weigh our 5 biggest, a little friendly competition, but no pressure, which was nice, a missed fish was frustrating, but not a costly error, takes a lot off your shoulders let me tell you. Oh yeah, and an 8:30 launch time is acceptable... woohoo.

So we launch at 8:30 and first fish is in the boat at 8:40, Slow presentations were key ... tubes, senkos, flippin jigs and lizards all put fish in the boat for us, even a few crankbait fish. All in all we caught over 30 fish, mostly in 4-6 feet of water, although the bigger fish came in about 8.

Andrew only had 3 fish, but they went 7lbs 1oz.

Kellisteve129.jpg

Tyler had 5 fish for 11 lbs 2 oz.

Kellisteve128.jpg

I had 5 fish for 12 lbs 1 oz.

Kellisteve131.jpg

No huge fish, but we had a blast....

Oh yeah, and out biggest 5 TOTAL, went 12 lbs 8 oz.

Kellisteve134.jpg

Thanks for reading.

SR