Muskoka Lake

fishnsled

Some last minute plans have come into place and I'll be heading to Lake Muskoka. :thumbsup_anim: A few days of fishing and R&R are on the agenda. ;) Since I've only ice fished there once I was wondering what to bring and what I should be looking for. I've only got a short amount of time for fishing and trying to gather some info to save on fishing the dead water. I'm staying in a place on the Muskoka River and the lake looks to be about 2-3 miles out to the main lake. Will be fishing for anything that swims but will be mainly looking for bass, pike, walleye and some time trolling for lakers. Feel free to pm.

Thanks in advance.

I've fished L. Muskoka a few times, but more in the area of Gravenhurst bay. There is obvious structure in that area that produced for us, but when we got out into the main lake we felt it was a LOT of dead water (or at least water we didn't know how to fish).

Some last minute plans have come into place and I'll be heading to Lake Muskoka. :thumbsup_anim: A few days of fishing and R&R are on the agenda. ;) Since I've only ice fished there once I was wondering what to bring and what I should be looking for. I've only got a short amount of time for fishing and trying to gather some info to save on fishing the dead water. I'm staying in a place on the Muskoka River and the lake looks to be about 2-3 miles out to the main lake. Will be fishing for anything that swims but will be mainly looking for bass, pike, walleye and some time trolling for lakers. Feel free to pm.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I had some useful info but the only Muskoka lake I've got any real knowledge on is Rosseau. Have a great time. We still good for the 25th at Balsam?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks Cliff and congrats on your PB Bass! :clapping:

Nemo - I don't know how I missed that thread. :dunno: Miss a few days here and miss a lot! Thanks for the link.

Fishboy - We are on for the 25th! Looking forward to seeing you and Chad, Dave I'm not so sure about. :P:whistling:

Rizzo - I'll see about a tour over the the bay. ;)

Snag and the others, thanks for yout PM's.

Report to follow!

Spent a few hours on Muskoka yesterday- bass were on fire. Pike are down deep finally but can easily be trolled up with deep running cranks. Walleye are there but have to be found- not easy, best luck with them is evening and early night trolling. Lots of good fish of all species should be found in the river itself- we regularly fish from the mouth up to Santa's village. Once saw a legit 30lb Pike from the river- a real monster!

Why dont you ask the guy that finished 2nd on day one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes::worthy::worthy: L M A O

That guy also finished 58th the second day. :whistling: I'll blame the second day partner for that one. Imagine leaving your partner to go to the hospital. :rolleyes::blahblah1:

Great first day finish though! :worthy: :worthy: