Temagami Walleye?

Dano

Heading up there this Friday for a full week! Anyone have any ideas? I hear a lot of "Well, they only bite on the shoals from this time to that time, usually lasts 1/2 hour, then you might as well go home" lol Dont know if I'll try for lake trout or not though.

Good Luck Dano!

Best advise I can give ya is don't follow that Wayne guy around :o

One of his daughters would be a better choice for a guide :D:D:D

j/k

Have a safe trip!

Whopper

LOL, yea, I think Leah would be the guide, she seems to catch more fish than Wayne!!

South end of the lake around Cross has good walleye in late summer. It's a run but I'm always up late July/early August and that's where better catches come from. If you are staying around the hub call some of the ladges and see if they have a back lake trip open. Many of the ladges have boats on smaller back lakes like Kokoko and Spawning. Easy to get in and good walleye fishing. Call up first and if you confirm anything stop buy Dads in Temagami. They sell lake maps for Spawning and Kokoko. Kokoko is only a 100 yd portage.

Kokoko bay can also produce trolling worm harnesses along deeper shorelines just inside from main lake.

The bite is like they said on the shoal and points in the summer. Evening bite - good for an hour or so then done.

Temagami can't be much different than Kipawa which we've been fishing for the last 8-years. Same latitude...same structure. Kipawa always has a shoal and drop-off pattern. Concetrate on transition areas of rock/sand, and the fish will be shallow <6-8 ft. in low light conditions.

Look around www.kipawa.net for recent reports of lakes in that area and other information on strategies and tactics in the Repository. I'm willing to bet the same approach will work for 'eyes on Temagami.

Ive been going up there a lot of years, the eyes are a mystery as the summer moves on. I have tried a lot of methods without much success for the late summer picks, I would heed Tbones advice accept mabe a little deeper 10 to 15 ft. I think there is a small window very early in the morning which is why I had little success, my clock does not tell time before 7 am. Make sure you post your succes stories! Good luck!

A buddy of mine got his PB walleye (over 12lbs) there on Williams spoon while trolling for lake trout.

The big ones are in there, chance at big lakers as well.

Good luck,

ehg

Only bit of success I can remember a buddy of mine who regularily fishes that lake had, was to back troll worm harnesses off and around points. Slow on bottom in and around 10 feet... that was for summer I think.

The lakes are an evening bite. Agreed too, for ice fishing I'd say the back lakes are better. Maybe same in summer.