Fishing really dirty water

evster

This weekend my brother in law and I carried his boat into Jordan Harbour to give it a try. He more wanted to play around with his boat and I wanted to get some fishing in since it's been lacking over the last little while. My game plan was going to be spinner baits with the odd senko if I saw a good weed bed or stump. Anyway, the water in there was extremely dirty. So dirty in fact that when we had a fish on we didnt know it was near the surface until it actually broke the surface. We only managed one largemouth and one sheephead (both caught by my bro <_< ) and both on the spinner baits as I suspected.

I'm not really sure how to fish in water this dirty, any tips? It would be nice to catch a bit more next time.

Thanks!

Evan

Brass or Copper blades on the spinner baits, a rattle attached to them, easy to do with a piece of surgical tubing, slip the rattle inside the tubing and connect it to the hook like a trailer hook. I use small glass rattles I bought at a tackle shop, the plastic ones will work also.

They make round ones you can use on tube baits, a carolina rig with brass or ultra steel and glass will make some sound. Fish don`t have a problem finding a real small lure at night in the dark so I don`t know how much of an issue it really is. Dirty rising water can change their location,

You only need one lure on Jordan Harbour, the Jig & Pig. Remember when the water is that dirty, the bass pretty much push themselves right on to any structure. You gotta make many casts (or pitches) to one spot until you drop the lure on their head. Hit every stump from every possible angle.