Haliburton Fri the 13th

fishboy

Well, the weather was a little tough but I did manage to coax the bass into co-operating-reluctantly though; I had to work hard (if you can use that description in fishing) and move often. The best fish of the morning came on a Yum Dinger rigged weightless over a boulder flat adjacent to deep water (7' transitioning to a quick 20'). A quick pose for the camera (phone hence the low resolution) and she was back to swim again.

130707smallie.JPG

Edited by fishboy

I was at my cottage in Haliburton for the first two weeks of July-fishing (catching) really has slowed down. The surface water temp went from over 21C at the start to 18C last Sunday. Never had two weeks of consistent cloud cover and rain before. Five lakers 14-23 in for the two weeks and the bass (normallya sure thing when I get skunked on the trout) were off. Needed the rain up there though.

That's an excellent smallie for this area: congrats. Water temps are indeed going down here: the fish are still biting, they have just moved from traditional July holding spots.

lol with the weather, I'm not sure they ever moved in; it's like learning to fish new lakes