Active Target

Hi all,

A good buddy from Wisconsin loaned me his Active target for the summer to use and figure out so i could reconnect with him on the ice this winter and teach him how it works. I'm completely new to this technology this year, and given my boat is rigged with Humminbird it was a bit of a steep curve at first but glad to say apart from the mounting of it its pretty much plug 'n' play. I have been using it in "down scan" mode on the humps fishing walleye....seriously these things should be illegal....lol. Sat on a hump in 14' i can see 20' either side of the boat, and the fish are instantly recognizable. Casting to a fish 20 feet to the side and watching it come up and nail the bait is so fun. You can actually see the shape of the fish...we call them cartoon fish. I'm guiding for musky in a week and ill get the chance to use the forward sonar while the boys cast, should be interesting.

I have had the livescope garmin version of it for years and it never fails to amaze me the stuff you learn about fish watching it 

I use it on the ice  and casting for fish and trolling for fish is really cool to see how many take a look but never touch your bait 

one thing about ice fishing is with a regular sonar you get the lines going through your screen and you believe it’s fish swimming by constantly but it can be a few fish 15 ft to the side of your hole and they just sit there and never move and you think damn they have been coming through all day and not a bite