Used 60hp Merc ELPT?

duke2555

Having a hard time finding a good used 60hp 4 stroke Merc ELPT, I would look at Yamaha for my LUND FURY XL 1625, but I would have to change out the controls...

I have a 2011 40hp ELPT that I want to upgrade to a 60hp.

I have seen a couple of Command Thrust CT 60hp Merc for sale, maybe CT would be overkill on my boat, but I have seen some Legend boats with a 60 hp CT on them, so maybe a CT would be ok...

Anyone have any dealer suggestions or reliable private sale?

There is a LOT of untrustworthy ads on Marketplace and Kijiji...

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Hahaha, I swore after going out wit a guy who had a Merc that left us rowing a few times, never again.

I've been there too, but those were the Mercs of old and I too called them "black anchors," back in the day, but times have changed.  ;)
My Yamaha and Honda friends have stated on a number of occasions how well my "Merc" performs and how quiet it is compared to theirs.

Trust me, when I was shopping out my boat, I didn't want the Merc but my dealer said "trust me," so I did and as I have previously stated, no regrets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiel said:

I've been there too, but those were the Mercs of old and I too called them "black anchors," back in the day, but times have changed.  ;)
My Yamaha and Honda friends have stated on a number of occasions how well my "Merc" performs and how quiet it is compared to theirs.

Trust me, when I was shopping out my boat, I didn't want the Merc but my dealer said "trust me," so I did and as I have previously stated, no regrets.

Same here. My 9 yr old Merc has performed flawlessly. Buddy's always comment about how effortlessly it starts even when stone cold...it's like instant on when you turn the key, you never even hear the starter. Didn't want it initially, but the deal on the package was too good to pass up.

I had also had 25hp Merc for 20 years, which I then passed on to my brother who has still has it after another 20 years...still runs like a top, never been in the shop once.

On the other hand, I once had a Merc 65hp 2 stroke triple....that literally blew up on me...to the point that folks on the lake called the fire department...

I also had a 9.9 Yammy as a kicker on an I/O boat. Ran fine once it started...but it was always reluctant to fire up. Needed a new starter after 5 years.

You never know...