Trail cam pics.

Barry Willis

A couple shots of a priceless whitetail fawn about an hour old. I have a video of them as well where the poor little guy's back legs are still wobbly and barely holding him up, a cow moose with a beautiful calf, whitetail buck and 10,059 pics of cattle which I didn't post of course Lol. The ones of the moose suck as they are on video and I can't post videos so I had to pause the videos and take a picture of them on the computer with a hand held camera.

DSCF0040.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0115.JPG

DSCF0116.JPG

DSCN0326.JPG

DSCN0327.JPG

DSCN0330.JPG

DSCN0331.JPG

DSCF0115-001.JPG

• Like 3

Hey Smitty, easy for you to say, but thank you very much for that. I would like very much to be posting my trail cam pics and videos among other things being a photographer for 60 years, on youtube but haven't a clue how to from our desk top, which is the only way I'd be able to do it with the SD camera cards. Hell, it took me ages to learn how to post pics here on the Ontario Fishing Community Board even with help from a lot of you guys. Even though I want to and would love to learn this stuff I have a hard time comprehending it and getting it through my thick skull. I am as OLD SCHOOL as they come. If you were to look up the words OLD SCHOOL in Websters dictionary there will be a center fold of me, fully clothed of course HAHA. What I need is to get some one much younger than myself with lots of time and patience to come to the house and show me how. Thank you.

Have a super day.

Edited by Barry Willis

Howdy Lew, it's been a spell. I expect it was actually born right around the end of May when I last tended to the cameras as it was one of the first pictures on the new replacement SD card. I go up once a month and check the batteries and swap the card so I can bring it home and see what's on it. This is a very good trail cam but unfortunately doesn't show the time and dates which I do miss. 

Oh no, not at all Lew. I would have thought the same thing had the pictures came from another source, especially without the time and date not stamped on it. You aren't really far off at all.

Getting off topic just a wee bit. It isn't uncommon in areas east and south of the border where the winters aren't as harsh as they are out here. That's why our ungulates and other critters are much bigger here so they can survive our winters. 

Typically the deer rut begins in November and dies off in early December. After a gestation period of about 200 days the does give birth in May and June. In parts of North America that have milder winters the younger does don't come into season until January. Thus a later birthing season. 

In all there are 16 known whitetail deer species in North America, only three of these are found in Canada.

Ungulates are actually an amazing mammal and have to be to avoid predators at an early age. Whitetail deer for example are on their feet within 20 minutes after birth and are able to walk within the hour and a few minutes later able to run. Amazing. 

Yeah I know, I got carried away here again. What else is new. It's because I very much enjoy sharing with others what I have learned over the years about the fascinating animals we share this planet with.

6 hours ago, Barry Willis said:

Hey Smitty, easy for you to say, but thank you very much for that. I would like very much to be posting my trail cam pics and videos among other things being a photographer for 60 years, on youtube but haven't a clue how to from our desk top, which is the only way I'd be able to do it with the SD camera cards. Hell, it took me ages to learn how to post pics here on the Ontario Fishing Community Board even with help from a lot of you guys. Even though I want to and would love to learn this stuff I have a hard time comprehending it and getting it through my thick skull. I am as OLD SCHOOL as they come. If you were to look up the words OLD SCHOOL in Websters dictionary there will be a center fold of me, fully clothed of course HAHA. What I need is to get some one much younger than myself with lots of time and patience to come to the house and show me how. Thank you.

Have a super day.

Here's a how-to on creating a youtube channel. Once done you just upload your videos on to your channel and then you can copy the link and paste it here in your post. Cheers

• Like 1