Flyin

jnic

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a Flyin with bigger then average walleye, been on many that you catch 16 17 inches as I always chose a lake with a chance at a 20 plus pike: Went last year to French lake out of cochrane where most of the walleye was over 19 inches with many in the 22 26 range, it was a real treat. Would like other options with

bigger walleye thanks

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion most northern lakes have trophy potential but if you are wanting to target big eyes solely I'd suggest a lake not known for numbers. For example I have two camps on the Albany river which is known for big eyes, one is a insane numbers factory but big fish are caught at a lower rate then my other camp which doesn't have the hundred a day capability but constantly produces 28 to 30 inch fish. I determined it's the smaller fishes aggression is the difference and knowing how to target bigger fish is key especially in a prolific water body known for sheer numbers. 

2 hours ago, fisherman7 said:

Pym Island with Hearst Air. Walleye average around 5lbs, fight like crazy, and I got one that was 13lbs. Pricy but absolutely worth it. 

Unfortunately I don't think pym or Canada camp on the attawapiskat are open anymore, all lease agreements north of the Albany river are with the local first nation's band whom I think canceled the lease with hearst air.