Almost 60

So here I am almost at 60 

And requirement has come up that I need a second class refrigeration ticket so I’ve been out of school for 40+ years and I’m looking at these books and doing the math. I’m in thermodynamics right now and my brain wants to explode. I’m plugging through it it’s tough. I’m glad I’m sitting in my barn. My whole mechanical life has been in the imperial system and starting grade 7 or eight. I guess they changed it over to metric I got through school I did pass got my grade 12, but metric never stuck with me throughout my mechanical career. I’ve always measured in imperial so it’s a little daunting I guess a case of I should have went with the flow.

I have roughly 4 or five chapters each month that require a timed quiz at the end with the pass is 70 I have to leave the island and go to Halifax every month for the next five months  12 to 14 hour days and then in June for five days for review and an exam that gets me my refrigeration ticket seriously I really don’t need this crap but it’s for the good of the company and what the hell is good for me too and I’m gonna give it a shot🫵🤘IMG_2194.jpeg.acc6b369b9150135c1cfdfaf4ad1eff8.jpeg

I guess in all reality you need to keep it all moving or you’ll rust seize up and die …not for me at this point in time far to spry to die

Hugs and kisses

Peter

At 60 (after being semi retired for about 7 years) I decided I wanted to do something different. I have always liked working with my hands so I did some research and decided "small engine mechanic" would fit the bill. Convinced a local shop to hire me with the understanding that I wanted to persue my apprenticeship. Two years of school (part time) and 5000 hours later I got my license. It was hard, I too had been brought up with the imperial system but I am glad I did it. 

Never stop trying to learn and advance your knowledge, I bet you will do fine you seem like a pretty smart young man! 

• Thanks 1