A Few Eagle Lake Walleye.

limeyangler

We fished Eagle for a week this past September at TBL.

It was 25 years since I was last there...wow...the slot size reg's have turned that lake into a Walleye factory ! We spent most of out time chasing bigger toothy critters, but if we wanted shore lunch, it took all of 15 minutes to catch enough eater size 'eyes to fill a fry pan.  The 3 fellas in the cabin next to us did nothing but jig for gold...they used a clicker to keep count...they totalled over 1100 Walleyes for the week.

We were up on Lac Seul last year, and I thought that was a prolific Walleye fishery...but Eagle is right there...and in terms of Musky, Eagle obviously is trophy water, but it's also a great numbers lake for 40ish size fish.

Simon, you're truly blessed to be surrounded by such riches !

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

We fished Eagle for a week this past September at TBL.

It was 25 years since I was last there...wow...the slot size reg's have turned that lake into a Walleye factory ! We spent most of out time chasing bigger toothy critters, but if we wanted shore lunch, it took all of 15 minutes to catch enough eater size 'eyes to fill a fry pan.  The 3 fellas in the cabin next to us did nothing but jig for gold...they used a clicker to keep count...they totalled over 1100 Walleyes for the week.

We were up on Lac Seul last year, and I thought that was a prolific Walleye fishery...but Eagle is right there...and in terms of Musky, Eagle obviously is trophy water, but it's also a great numbers lake for 40ish size fish.

Simon, you're truly blessed to be surrounded by such riches !

Wow! That’s a lot of walleye! I’ve only fished around TBL once, we had all sorts of boat issues that day so it was a bit of a let down. I should fish for musky there more often, but don’t, mainly because Wabigoon is literally my back yard I suppose. I definitely take advantage of the riches 

Every. Chance. I. Get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limeyangler said:

Wow! That’s a lot of walleye! I’ve only fished around TBL once, we had all sorts of boat issues that day so it was a bit of a let down. I should fish for musky there more often, but don’t, mainly because Wabigoon is literally my back yard I suppose. I definitely take advantage of the riches 

Every. Chance. I. Get.

Best fishing on Eagle was down on Osborne Bay in the SE end....it's stained water much like the 'Goon. Much tougher getting the big girls to bite in the clear Trout water of the west end of Eagle.

5 minutes ago, CrowMan said:

Best fishing on Eagle was down on Osborne Bay in the SE end....it's stained water much like the 'Goon. Much tougher getting the big girls to bite in the clear Trout water of the west end of Eagle.

Osbourne Bay is basically where I’m fishing in the video, by the bridge at Bear Narrows. Your right about the water there, just a shade clearer than the Goon.

• Like 1