HERE'S THE SNOW.

Barry Willis

This is what I've been putting up with since Saturday night. -14 at 5:00 this morning Two years ago this happened in September, the snow came and stayed. Not that it's a bad thing really. My wife and buddy and myself are heading out hunting next week on horse back and Argo to get us back in the foothills at the base of Black Rock Mountain in the Rockies where we will set up camp, can't wait, and conditions should be perfect. Wish me luck, I need all the help I can get. I've harvested 39 white tail bucks and some very respectable ones mostly with the bow, all clean shots, (pics to come) if I'm not confident I won't take the shot, and I want number 40 to be something special. So I've decided to leave my rifles at home and just go with my bows. I've turned down several nice bucks in the past five years waiting for Mister Right, so hopefully this will be the year. Might be MY last year as I'm not some young whipper snapper anymore Haha. Unfinished antler mount of my favorite mule deer harvested with PSE bow.

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

• Like 5

Well Barry, best wishes on your hunt but as far as the snow goes, ya can have it. Great for hunting not so much for dog walking in shorts and a T shirt like I had here today as Weeds noted above. I'll take it every time it's offered. I'm just in from my fourth walk of the day with the dogs and some Frisbee time. In fact I shut down the furnace and opened the windows for the day.....damn lovely it was.  ;)

Nice rack you got there (wink, wink), please forgive me for counting the number of reel seats I see there.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know what you mean, and some pretty nice reel seats, this one is nothing compared to some of the others I have. wink wink back at ya, ya ain't getting them LOL. We live in a different type of country here, if you were to look at a map of Canada we are quite a bit north of SW Ontario and close the the Rockies and the Pacific. Air conditioning blasting away one day and the furnace going the next day. Where I hang my trail cams and hang out (just an hours drive from Calgary) it snows 12 months out of the year and not just a few flakes, everything is covered. But we get some nice breaks as well during winter when a Chinook wind will come down off the Rockies< I've seen the temperature rise upwards of 30 degrees in 90 minutes. Any way enough about that I could go on and on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KraTToR said:

I'm originally from Sask so I know about the Mulies..lol  Do you have one of these on your wall yet??

1000004020.jpg

Sweet mount.  I buy a point in Wyoming every year for Lope and Mulie.  Will be cashing in sometime in the next 5.  Hopefully will put some nice ones on the wall!  Will be 2 separate trips though!

• Like 1