Lowrance active target

I can't comment specifically on the Lowrance system.  I installed the Garmin PanOptix LiveScope System in my boat earlier this season and all i can say is WOW.  The detail is like nothing I have seen before.  I don't know the differences between Humminbird vs Lowrance Vs Garmin but Garmin was recommended to me by industry people and its great.  The Lowrance system looks great too.  

All 3 (Garmin, Lowrance and Hummingbird) make very similar units. It's like the GM, Ford, Ram debate. Garmin pioneered the "live" forward-facing technology, but the other 2 make very good products too. The Garmin has a slight image advantage in shallow water, the Lowrance in deep water. So your choice might depend if you're a Bass fisherman, or Walleye,/Lake Trout guy (or do a lot of ice fishing). The Hummingbird has the advantage of being able to connect to Minnkota trolling motors and anchors (if that's what you have).

For me, the decision would come down to what electronics you already have on the boat....if you have Lowrance finders, then the learning curve with something new from Lowrance will be less steep. Also, unless you're investing in an all brand new set of electronics, you may want to stick with the same brand so you can network with your existing gear...you really can't mix and match brands.

Is it worth it ? Absolutely...I don't often use the phrase  "game changer", but this is one of those technologies that will  change the way you fish, and you will be a lot more successful at it..

dont waste the money if you arent already using your electronics extensively to fish. If you are the type of fisherman that 1. casts to fish and 2. uses your electronics a lot already...its a game changer.

I fished yesterday and as stupid as it was, I was annoyed by the lack of livescope in my buddies boat. Not for finding fish, but to understand where the deep weed edges lied fishing in 14fow. I could see the weeds on the 2d but was struggling to stay in the zone while keeping the boat off of the good stuff.

• Like 1