Fishing spots allowing inflatable boats with electric trolling motor

videopete

I can recommend Island Lake and Fairy Lake. Fairy Lake is free to launch but the fish generally aren't as large. Island Lake has an entrance fee but the fishing is better and there are some pretty large fish in there. Both lakes have Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Black Crappie, Yellow Perch and Common Carp. Island Lake also has Bluegill and most recently, Smallmouth Bass. Island Lake can get pretty weedy and rough on windy days (relatively speaking).

Good luck!

Jon

14 hours ago, Jon said:

I can recommend Island Lake and Fairy Lake. Fairy Lake is free to launch but the fish generally aren't as large. Island Lake has an entrance fee but the fishing is better and there are some pretty large fish in there. Both lakes have Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, Black Crappie, Yellow Perch and Common Carp. Island Lake also has Bluegill and most recently, Smallmouth Bass. Island Lake can get pretty weedy and rough on windy days (relatively speaking).

Good luck!

Jon

thanks Jon, i will try fairy lake as well.

14 hours ago, Spiel said:

I'd be checking out Lake Belwood myself.
Launches are available at both ends of the lake.
Walleye, Pike, Bass and Perch are in the lake.

i am very happy that you guys help a lot now i know a few free lake to launch to try my boat.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, videopete said:

I did see Mountsberg - by the pictures it looks very shallow and weedy - have you been ?

Yes...Bass, Pike and Crappie. Clean water. Don't know how easy your boat is to carry but you can launch for free at the dam if you don't want to pay at the Conservation Area.

Guelph Lake is good too. 3 ramps, only electrics allowed

On 6/22/2023 at 9:02 AM, v007 said:

Wow Amazing Akrisoner for the info that Bay Front park look good to try my motor boat, thank you so much.

Regarding the capacity of the boat you are right maximum is 4 people, since this is our first try we thinking of taking a turn to enjoy the boat, then eventually only a few of us will go fishing with this boat.

Do keep in mind that your inflatable boat with a motor will require you to have a Pleasure Craft Operators Card.  And also to have on board the necessary safety gear.

• Confused 1

On 6/27/2023 at 9:12 PM, lazybum said:

Do keep in mind that your inflatable boat with a motor will require you to have a Pleasure Craft Operators Card.  And also to have on board the necessary safety gear.

I have Intex Mariner 4 inflatable boat, I will be bringing pfd for everyone on board, PCO card. any other required stuff I need to bring? when I took the exam it seem a lof to bring but I am not sure if that necessary for small inflatable boat. please advise me what usually you are required to bring other than what I missed above

34 minutes ago, v007 said:

I have Intex Mariner 4 inflatable boat, I will be bringing pfd for everyone on board, PCO card. any other required stuff I need to bring? when I took the exam it seem a lof to bring but I am not sure if that necessary for small inflatable boat. please advise me what usually you are required to bring other than what I missed above

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/mandatory-safety-equipment

On 6/29/2023 at 6:29 PM, v007 said:

How do you guys bring this inflatable boat to the boat launch? any tips 

I transport my boat fully deflated in my SUV along with motor, battery or gas tank depending on which motor I use for that trip. At the launch site, I inflate the boat with a Milwaukee M18 Blower and then top up the pressure with the supplied hand pump making the whole experience significantly less tiring at the very start.  I have installed launching wheels on my boat to allow two people to roll the boat into the water from my setup area.  Note that bolted on launching wheels will not work on your Intex boat which has no transom.  Even with wheels I can assure you that hauling 200 lbs back up a ramp at the end of the day is quite an ordeal.  To deflate I use the Blower to suck the air out making it easier to pack and transport.

29 minutes ago, lazybum said:

I transport my boat fully deflated in my SUV along with motor, battery or gas tank depending on which motor I use for that trip. At the launch site, I inflate the boat with a Milwaukee M18 Blower and then top up the pressure with the supplied hand pump making the whole experience significantly less tiring at the very start.  I have installed launching wheels on my boat to allow two people to roll the boat into the water from my setup area.  Note that bolted on launching wheels will not work on your Intex boat which has no transom.  Even with wheels I can assure you that hauling 200 lbs back up a ramp at the end of the day is quite an ordeal.  To deflate I use the Blower to suck the air out making it easier to pack and transport.

Thanks a lot for this steps, I also have ryobi blower which help a lot. I guess the hardest part is rolling the boat into the water without wheels on the slopy, could be slippery/ramp? I am buying the wheels now to be installed in my motor mount kit, hope this helps me. so do you place the battery inside the boat when rolling it down into the ramp? if not how do you place it on the boat when the boat already on the water? and how and when you get into the boat, is the a dock near the ramp? so we can jump into the boat and place everything we need it. sorry for detail questions since I never been launching i am worry and confused.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:23 PM, v007 said:

Thanks a lot for this steps, I also have ryobi blower which help a lot. I guess the hardest part is rolling the boat into the water without wheels on the slopy, could be slippery/ramp? I am buying the wheels now to be installed in my motor mount kit, hope this helps me. so do you place the battery inside the boat when rolling it down into the ramp? if not how do you place it on the boat when the boat already on the water? and how and when you get into the boat, is the a dock near the ramp? so we can jump into the boat and place everything we need it. sorry for detail questions since I never been launching i am worry and confused.

I went to Belwood lake last weekend, it turned out there is a shallow area where i can place all my things into the boat. my first boat ride and fishing were better than expected, even though I didn't catch any fish. I didn't bring an anchor so I got drifted so many times lesson learn for myself, I need to buy an anchor.

• Like 2