London fishing

mercforever

Excuse my ignorance but you mean London England UK right? your country is so big I just wouldn't be surprised if you had a river Thames in Canada as well.

No bass to be had below the thames barrier past grenwich and I would be very surprised if you caught any except in the sea out past Tilbury docks.

There are some private fisheries that have stocked Bass but they are expensive to fish I think they have been set up for the American ex pat community so you will have to pay an arm and a leg to get on.

Hope that helps

Pike, Zander & Perch fill your boots Big Carp possibly the odd 40lber all in the Thames, various hot spots ask at the local tackle shops they will put you right.

Many day fisheries around, tickets available on the banks at some but best check first.

National rod license required to fish all rivers and lakes £ 32.00 for the year weekly and monthly available too reduced fee apply, Under 16s free. Available at all tackle shops and Post offices nationwide.

One of the main carp forums is the cemex site old RMC site http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/new_site/index.php

•¯¯¯¯'¯¯¯'¯¯')

><(((º>.¸¸.·´

I'd rather be fishing!

sorry,its london,ontario,canada........

I actually worked on the canary wharf project back in 90,91,92...stayed in a condo on the thames 5 pubs away from the job,about 2 mins walking,and the word was if you fell in the water,you went right to the hospital...people would fish the canals in the isle of dogs,pretty sad..some mornings you could of walked across it with the garbage...but thats going back15 yrs,maybe the zebra mussels have cleaned it up..........

Sorry for my ignorance again, the Thames UK has been cleaned up quite a bit now, could'nt tell you to what extent as I am not a water condition engineer but we are getting salmon, and trout are regularly caught. I worked on the IOD project around that time did 3 builds awful place back then and not much better now full of lowlifes and junkies.

I've been walking out the shores around london for just over a year now, for what its worth, here's some ideas!

Fanshawe Park (Fanshaw lake) just off of Clarke Road is $5.00. The top side of the dam and along to the south east shore, by the rowing club is consistent for 1-2 lb bass, and pike. Its a nice shore walk but can be busy.

The Thames river is good throughout the city but with 10 miles of river to fish I have yet to find one area that is any more productive then just picking a nice spot and throwing a line.

The North and South ponds in the south end of the city, just off of Pond Mills Road can provide some fun for and hour or two for small bass and pike.

A short drive West of the city is a small town called Komoka. Old quaries are all over and some are stacked with bass up to 4-5 lbs. A small provincial trail just south on Komoka Rd and Glendon Dr, provides limited shore access to two ponds, watch the signs as most of the ponds are on private property and cannot be fished!

Hope this helps make your stay a little more enjoyable! Enjoy the area!

I fish the Themes every change i get, stil ahvent seen any BIG fish, but there pleny of carp and smallmouth. Caught walleye, catfish and a white bass last couple time I was out. I fish around the Queens Ave bridge near Harris Park.