Week Ending Report - July 6th

ccmtcanada

This week, Bly and I didn't get to get out as much as usual. After the GREAT holiday weekend we had fishing, my out-laws...I mean in-laws came for a visit from Michigan. They were originally supposed to drop off their dog and then they were heading to the Thousand Islands for a vacation, but my mother out in-law broke her foot on the way here. They ended up staying with us for 3 days....jeez...interfering with fishing time...this does not bode well.....LOL.

Anyhow, we got out a few times and managed only one nice fish. The magic of the Jumla still holds true...as this brown bullhead hit it on a fast retrieve!! I have now caught pike, sheepshead, smallie and bullhead with that lure. It has been photoshopped to protect the innocent. Actually, it was caught at one of our secret spots, so the fish and lure were cropped out.

FISHY1.jpg

Anyhow, the nice fish was caught the next evening. This 22" Walleye hit a spinner in about 8 feet of water.

22inchwalleye.jpg

The fishing overall was slow, but we did have at least a few nice hits every night we went out. Gotta work on the setting the hook thing...LOL.

That's it for now! Fishnsled is taking Bly and I out to hunt some muskies in the Kawarthas bright and early in the morning. Hopefully we'll have a few fish to show for the outing. Good night all!

Cliff your such a tease I have been wanting to know what the hype was all about with the Jumla .So I got a fuzzy peke.Thats just not fair surely you can share that pic with me after all I live further away in another province which would not affect my neighbors in Ontario.

Oh and I know what 3 days without fishing is going to be like this weekend. Two of my younger kids are in a soccer tournament this weekend .6 games in all no time for fishing I am also coaching :wallbash:

Hope to see the fish pics while you are out walking the outlaw dog oh I mean the inlaw mutt :whistling:

Good Luck with Muskie fishing Saturday like you guys really need luck lol :whistling:

MTP

Nice Walleye! I caught my first of the season yesterday (2nd ever) and it was a fraction of that size! Good Luck with the Muskys, I'm stuck down here in Toronto for a few days but can't wait to get back to the Kawarthas. I'll live vicariously through you till then!

Nice eye Cliff. Finally I have internet again after three and a half weeks without. Gee 3 days with the in-laws, I lived with mine two years and it was hell. My wife and I have finally moved out and got a place to call home of our own. Anyway now I can finally get my Cliff and Bly fish story fix each day and hopefully I can get out soon and have a report of my own soon. With the move it has eaten into my weekly fishing. Last week I went out for a couple of hours on Canada and ended up involved with responding to aid a couple who had run aground in a sailboat. This ate up three hours and caused damage to my prop. It was worth it to help them though, especially after 4 other boats ignored their flares. We had to call in fire rescue to help us get them out. Somehow they managed to sail into 2 feet of water and got really stuck. We didnt get much fishing done but we did a good deed so we felt good about our day and the snowbirds flew right over us at the same time.

Good to see you back Badger Shark!! I was only kidding about the in-laws...LOL. They are not bad at all when it comes to visits. But 2 years?? ACK!! Now that would be different. That was great of you to help out the people on the sailboat, and you are right...it was the right thing to do, and well worth helping out others in need. The way I see it, it'll add to you fishing karma and you'll be rewarded for it soon! Good luck out there and thanks for your great reply on this thread.

Very nice cliff..........

:thumbsup_anim:

I fished the grand for five bloody hrs yesterday five bloody hrs :wallbash: while waiting for my son to do an oriantation i had to take him too in brantford. and not so much as a damn nibble.....Man i hate skunks........ :wallbash:

Lucky bugga you got into some nice fish! ;)