Boater exam?

Hey all... first post sorta, forgot my old username from the early 2000's, so hello everyone!!

Looking for a place to take the boater exam, heading to the french river this year (french river lodge) and i guess i gotta get it as i'll be renting a boat.... so, how/where do i get this thing done? I've seen links online for it, i remember way back in the beginning there were scam sites... so looking for a legit online exam!

And if anyone has ANY tips, info, whatever for the french river in that area, please let me know it's been several years (20 or so) since i've been out for a good fish :)

Although it is strongly recommended, you do not need a pleasure craft operator card to rent a boat in Ontario. There are specific responsibilities of a person without proof of competency renting a pleasure craft fitted with a motor that include: the completion of the Rental Boat Safety Checklist with the rental boat/outfitter representative; understand the knowledge and skills given by the rental boat/outfitter representative; sign the Rental Boat Safety Checklist; and carry onboard the co-signed section of the Rental Boat Safety Checklist as proof of competency for the duration of the rental. It is also recommended that you be aware of the rental operator’s responsibilities.

The above comes from this web site.

Renting a boat.

Like Lew.

Just trying to help; don't think the site is outdated?

Dan.

• Thanks 1

Check with the renter and see if they will still do the renters check list to make you legal vs the need for a boaters card. Many will not anymore, including my Sister in law at Manitoulin Resort. Boaters card or no rental, thanks to insurance liability from their provider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...