Toonie Tourney

misfish

Hey Brian,

I've put off this year's Banquet until February and will probably start firming it up around that time.

We'll probably be starting in early spring with a couple of Salmon Tourneys, possibly a Pike Tourney again, and at least one Bass Tourney in Buffalo.

Once bass opens here we'll do at least 3 Tournies on Erie (Port Colborne and Port Maitland). Probably a bass get together on Weslemkoon in late August.

We WON'T be doing Scugog again, but have pondered Simcoe (which is probably why you're asking :P ).

We'll probaly finish it up again on Pigeon with another "Triple Classic" (Bass, Musky, Pike). Although I unfortunately didn't make the last event this year, the boys were really impressed with Camp Ashtabula, so we'll investigate holding it there again, although a little earlier than last year.

For those not familiar, these are held on Sunday mornings usually from 6:00 am to Noon (that way guys can still have the day with their family). Cost is $2.00 payable to the guy that catches big fish. The tough part is handing that Toonie over :angry::angry::P

We also keep track of points that go towards "Angler of the Year".

All the kids that compete end up with a trophy at the end of the year.

This is all about a little fellowship and having a good time. Egos need to be checked at the door.

We're always open to any ideas anyone has.

It would be great to see a few new faces.

There's more info here CTTS - Canadian Toonie Tournament Series

We WON'T be doing Scugog again, but have pondered Simcoe (which is probably why you're asking :P ).

Now was that a nice thing to do.LMAO.

I want to get out to a couple of them next year.Buffalo eh? That sounds intersting.

Thanks for the reply Roger.

Look forward to the final list.

Simcoe is so over rated,LOL :rolleyes::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::santa:

Afternoon Roger

Im sure we could get a great turn out for a simcoe fun toonie tourney.

Let me know when your thinking a date.

Im sure there will even be a few boats that can take out a second co-angler.

I can talk to a couple of Marinas on the west side.

Terry,do you think that launch we use could support say 10-15 boats?I know theres a park there as well which would make for a great BBQ after.

well the one in keswick on lake drive south end the canal has lots of parking

some days only one truck trailer other days full

but most times doesn't fill up till 9 am so an earlier start would be good the park is right there if someone brings a BBQ and it's free

Well there is plenty of time as you said Rog,your not going to be making the decisions til Feb or so.

We can even keep it to a certian boundary limit say as far as Fox Island.I'm not sure on what type of boat you have come out to these tourneys. Cooks bay can offer good wind coverage,unless you get a good north build up one.The again we can all fight in the river.LOL

Maybe if the date is right,we could get some of the CFT/OFC top guns out.Great for the kids to meet some of them,even some of the adults.LOL

Edited by misfish