Port Darlington [salmon report]

fishindevil

Well my friend Capt.robert Simmen [time off charters] and i hit port darlington again this morn,we left the harbor at 4:30am,and we were set-up out front of the nuke plant in about 15mins,2 riggers & 2 wire dipseys,well long story short we went 6 for 6, fish were taken on 2 spin doctors w/3-fly rig & herring strip,and 2 fish were taken on pro-troll flasher w/monkey puke color fly on wire dipsey,and the last 2 fish were taken on a silver streak green/silver, all fish were between 60-85fow,and at various depths on the wire dipseys,but for us the fishing shut down by about 9am....most of the fish were just a bit under 20lbs with one maybe running about 23lbs. and all were kings,but we know of a few big rainbows caught today and yesterday my buddy robert did catch a 30lb king so the big ones are here,now i got to get one for the derby in a week....sorry didnt get any pics today,so i think i will be at it again tommorow,if the wind co-operates....good-luck everyone& have a great canada day holiday cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

No pictures? Then it never happened ;)

Good report and good info. I got to test my 50kHz transducer today... loving it! Saw the balls but didn't see the t-cline. What sensitivity are you running for your 50kHz?

P.S. Bly is hot on the kings now... hope she leaves some bigguns for the derby!

-Brian