Sneaking Around This Morning

dsn

I got up this morning and headed down to my usual hole. Since it wasn't as hot out today.

I saw alot of activity going on. I think fish wake up before we do. Just look at all the activity ...

1.jpg

Carp where searching for me. :thumbsup_anim:

2.jpg

But I didn't really feel like feeding them this time. I don't know why but I wantted to take

it easy. For some reason.. I fine these kinda shots are more relaxing. Sure it's great to

be holding a big fish and snapping a shot. But to capture them in thier natural state for

me is more gradifying. :D

3.jpg

4.jpg

More garbage.

I thought the below shot was kinda cool with the plants. Natural

aquarium setting, look. :thumbsup_anim:

5.jpg

Gills were out playing chasing each other.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Underwater friendly community just like OFC at times. :lol:

12.jpg

There some kinda feeding frenzy here. I don't know what they were feeding on.

And I couldn't make it out either.

14.jpg

This fish had his head in the dirt digging for food. Could have been easy prey if I had my

rig ready to go. I would have snuck it right under his nose. Without him knowing til he took it.

:w00t: Thats how easy the morning fishing could have been.

18.jpg

More bubbles from the carp diggin up dirt. Bubbles where everywhere moving away

into deeper water. Leaving a trail of smoke behind.

19.jpg

20.jpg

After looking at all the activity... I decided ok let fish for the small guys have some fun.

I have alot of these tiny jigs but never used them.

Maybe this would work. Nothing beats sight fishing at its easiest.

I had a sunfish hit a spit the thing so fast I couldn't even set the hook.

He never went for it the second time after he discovered what it was. :P

Should I have used scent on these tiny jigs? They don't seem to really go after them.

Or they would spit the thing so fast. Does anyone use these here on OFC ?

22.jpg

But another fish took it!! :thumbsup_anim:

24.jpg

Then this little guy came out from no where and boom!! Can't remember when was the

last time actually went for them on propose it's been many moons. The back drop really

makes these fish stand out wow. :w00t: I'm amazed myself how these two pics turned out.

17.jpg

After this fish it was 12:30pm. People started to show up so I left, quietly. Hee Hee

dsn

sweet report! my go-to setup for sunfish is the pink trout worm! i actually do a mini wakey rig with a tiny #10 hook and they smoke it every time! i'll have to try those tiny-tubes someday!

I think those carp are chasing a female or something...I see it all the time in the spring, at the mouth of my carp creek. They'll go right by you like you're not even there....must have "something else" on the mind....

thanks for the report

UF

I'll try for blue gill tomorrow maybe. And try a different tube and see what happends. I'm saving those last two shots full size that for sure. :)

dsn

Edited by dsn

Good job dsn.

I've used green/chartreuse microtubes on Cook's Bay and caught loads of pumpkinseedfish and perch. One reason those bluegills and pumpkinseedfish didn't take them could be because they are still spawning. When I was down at the Islands last weekend I watched them spawning and then cast baits to them - the majority of the times i dangled a bait in front of them they picked it up by one end, didn't swallow, swam 2ft from their nest and spat it out. They just weren't interested (even in a bit of wriggling worm), all they were interested in was protecting their nest.

You took some good photos - is really good to see the fish in their natural habitat (though minus the cans and other garbage). I would like to invest in a waterproof digital camera to try and takeshots underwater at some point. Does your camera have a setting to reduce the glare of the water or do you have to use software afterwards to get the effect? Either way it gets you interesting shots though a little surreal looking.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out to fish with you tomorrow due to work commitments. If you're still going, good luck and I'll try and get out there with you for those monster carp at some point this summer.

Good job dsn.

I've used green/chartreuse microtubes on Cook's Bay and caught loads of pumpkinseedfish and perch. One reason those bluegills and pumpkinseedfish didn't take them could be because they are still spawning. When I was down at the Islands last weekend I watched them spawning and then cast baits to them - the majority of the times i dangled a bait in front of them they picked it up by one end, didn't swallow, swam 2ft from their nest and spat it out. They just weren't interested (even in a bit of wriggling worm), all they were interested in was protecting their nest.

You took some good photos - is really good to see the fish in their natural habitat (though minus the cans and other garbage). I would like to invest in a waterproof digital camera to try and takeshots underwater at some point. Does your camera have a setting to reduce the glare of the water or do you have to use software afterwards to get the effect? Either way it gets you interesting shots though a little surreal looking.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out to fish with you tomorrow due to work commitments. If you're still going, good luck and I'll try and get out there with you for those monster carp at some point this summer.

My camera has no settings to reduce glare. I try to position myself at the right angle to get these shots and without casting a shadow on the subject too. Why didn't they invent a polarized lens that sqrews into the front of these digtals like the old 35 mmm SLR's ? Or designed all these digitals that can hold a polarized lens? Were they thinking? :dunno:

And for the carpin next time then.

dsn