Why is this? Nf

Bernie

Outdoorsman's predicament reminded me of a question I had for myself last weekend. Friday afternoon we went golfing at a local course. By the end of the afternoons golfing the refreshment cart had been around several times. I'm pretty sure most of us would not pass sobriety testing. Why is it we can drive golf carts but not even have a pina coloda in a paddleboat :huh: . I wonder if its because the rulemakers are mostly golfers"? :whistling:

Edited by Nipissing

Hmmm...I dont have an answer for you...but the golf thing makes sense...haha.

One thing I've always wondered...for Lake Ontario, if you are in a boat, you can have 2 lines in the water. If I'm fishing from shore on Lake Ontario I can only have one line. If I drop a canoe just off shore (right in front of where I was standing) and fish from there, can I put 2 lines in?? LOL.

yeah not much sense in that????? maybe golfers have special privlages lol

why cant you have a beer in a paddle boat again? whats next no walking after having a beer.

Dont get me wrong drinking and driving and motorized vehicle is wrong but i think this is getting out of control now.

cheers!

I belive it is because it is private property, where as a lake is owned by the Province, State, Country what ever but is not private property.

I will stick with hunting and fishing, I am not a good golfer they call me slice king :D

Hmmm...I dont have an answer for you...but the golf thing makes sense...haha.

One thing I've always wondered...for Lake Ontario, if you are in a boat, you can have 2 lines in the water. If I'm fishing from shore on Lake Ontario I can only have one line. If I drop a canoe just off shore (right in front of where I was standing) and fish from there, can I put 2 lines in?? LOL.

regarding the 2 line law, i belive you are aloud 2 lines in the water past a certen point but im not sure. i know on the BOQ u can use 2 lines once you are out past the ferry docks.

I belive it is because it is private property, where as a lake is owned by the Province, State, Country what ever but is not private property.

You can drink on the golf course because they have a liquor licence to sell it there. However if you were impaired you can be charged with being impaired because the cart falls under the definition of motor vehicle. Not that it's likely to happen but it could.

You can be charged with impaired wether you are on private or public property.

I wonder if its because the rulemakers are mostly golfers"? :whistling:

Your right. Harris was a bit of a drinker and a golfer and he changed the legislation so that you could legally drink on the courses!! :blink: