Sled trip before the rain

muskymatt

I picked up a new sled this year, a skidoo expedition le 900 ace and so far so good.

I've put almost 1400kms on it so not bad for a first year and limited snow.

I would have to say I'm so please with my purchase, it is a perfect sled for what I wanted it for and it has performed flawlessly above my expectations.

Watching the weather forecast the last week or so I was bummed about the prospect of this rain ending the year and after checking the trail status on OFSC website, it looks like this last weekend was the time to go. On Saturday morning my friends Lynn and Kevin and I headed from Ottawa to Deep river where we started our ride. We took the A trail up to Mattawa and had lunch at the Mattawa golf course club house. The hills and scenery were awesome, the trails were in mint shape and the day was beautiful, couldn't ask for better. We headed back to the park and ride in DR and after all was done we did 280 kms over about 7 hrs.

We talked about going again Monday to give ourselves a day of rest but a quick check of the weather brought on the possibility that if we didn't go Sunday we might not be able to go Monday. So, up bright and early Sunday and drove to Deep river again for another ride, same place but mix up the trails a bit. Ater a fantastic 5.5 hrs on the trails we had gone 190 kms.

The weather was awesome, could not have asked for better. 470kms on the sleds and 800kms on the trucks. 

Here are a few of my favorite pics of the trails over the 2 days.20180217_111358.jpg20180217_111417.jpg20180217_150135.jpg20180217_150145.jpg20180217_152513.jpg20180218_103408.jpg20180218_103413.jpg20180218_123014.jpg20180218_141257.jpg20180218_142102.jpg20180218_142104.jpg20180218_142146.jpg

20180217_142541.jpg

so friggin sad

i literally didnt get on the trails once this year and its over...getting tougher each year to justify the cost of a trail pass...thats two years in a row now where we havent had a chance to get out. The seasons seem to be limited to a couple of weeks per year these days...im jealous.

31 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

so friggin sad

i literally didnt get on the trails once this year and its over...getting tougher each year to justify the cost of a trail pass...thats two years in a row now where we havent had a chance to get out. The seasons seem to be limited to a couple of weeks per year these days...im jealous.

That sucks! I did a lot of travelling just to be able to get some rides in. I can't complain though, they were great rides. Will be sad to put it away already but it doesn't look good for Ontario in general!

That said, Feb 19th is way too early for winter to end. The forecast for March is not a good one for sledders, ice anglers and skiers. 

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Glad we could help wipe away those tears!! That is where you go to cry after the Ottawa games right??

Phaneuf is a scoring MACHINE!! Must have been the Senators fault he was so crappy! LOL

Oh believe me there are no tears. The Sens suck,  plain and simple. 

Getting rid of the pylon was just a start. 

Trails aren't shutting down any time soon north of 17.  Very nice sled, I have really been eyeing down basically the same sled as yours,  really fallen in love with the 900 ACE after seeing a few in action.  I am interested in the sport version with the 16" wide track, yours is the 20" model?

7 minutes ago, Joeytier said:

Trails aren't shutting down any time soon north of 17.  Very nice sled, I have really been eyeing down basically the same sled as yours,  really fallen in love with the 900 ACE after seeing a few in action.  I am interested in the sport version with the 16" wide track, yours is the 20" model?

Yes I have the 154 x20 track.  Ride is amazingly smooth.

9 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

im guessing that 900 gets up to a serious clip.

It goes. Had it up to 125km hr  which is fast enough for me. It has lots of get up and go but is not built to be a race sled. It'll go where others won't with its 154 x 20 track and is like a Cadillac on the trails. So smooth and easy to ride. Comfort is unreal with the bar position and seat. I also had a trailer behind me on my trip to Manicouagan and it towed like it wasn't there. I estimate the weight of the trailer was about 400 lbs plus.

Imo it's a multi use sled well suited for off trail, trail and working and carrying a passenger,  if you want a trail rocket then this sled is probably not for you.