SHOOTING COMPETITION

DMASSE

Hello

Went to a area sniper rifle competition shoot, and brought out the bad boys of sniper rifles.

Here is the one of my favorite sniper rifles to shoot

A HS-.50 from Steyr-Mannlicher AG

This gun is made to shoot a min 500 yrds and levels out at 2 miles

SHOOTING004.jpg

SHOOTING003.jpg

SHOOTING002.jpg

One thing you have to think of is that this gun is 4 ft long and weights 35 pounds, the muzzle break is 7in wide and shoots about a 2 ft flame out then when shot.

The second guy is another STEYR sniper rifle in a 308 cal.. grouping with this gun is 1-2 in at 300yrds

The next gun is very cool to have, its a AR15 Custom 308..

SHOOTING005.jpg

Also we shot S&W 1911's and Glocks 22 9mm, as well as some black powder

All in all a fun competition and a very sore arm LOL

hope you enjoyed

Dave

Good stuff! Any pics of your targets? :)

I took my 5 y/o son out on saturday for his first shots ever. He had a couple shots out of the .410 at the trap range, and a bunch of shots out of the .22. He LOVED it!! I think I'll be looking into a .410 just for him now....

Sinker

A tad more firepower than the ol' single-shot .22 Cooey I used to have . . . . . ?? I'm rather surprised that the .50 calibre cannon was allowed to be brought in, even for a competition. I saw a segment of '60 Minutes' a while back, on these guns . . . . not exactly an ideal hunting rifle . . . . unless you're after elephants or rhinos!! (Or PEOPLE?) I don't think I'd like to be trying an off-hand shot with it . . . . . I suspect I'd be sitting on my butt, about 6' from where I started. Just for curiousity . . . . what would the muzzle velocity of a huge bullet (about 500 grain??) like that be?

PHOTOZ

He in Canada there is a 50cal club, and they usually shoot matchs every month..

In .50BMG calibre, the muzzle energy can be in excess of 10,000 ft/lbs depending on the loading, with a muzzle velocity usually just under 3000 ft/sec.

With the ammo costing around $9.00 a shot, you with the recoil of the gun you tend not to shoot very much.

When you shoot this rifle at 500yrds the hole on the entry is about 2 inchs buit if it would hit comcrete, it would travel 19 inches deep.

The shoot was a industry outing, so no score or points gained

Dave