A legend passes!

SirCranksalot

Saw that on the news this morning. He had a great and long life, 93 Wowza. His grand son gave an interview that was on CHCH. If it is on their site I highly recommend it. Watching old grainy film it is so strange to see a goalie not wearing a mask. Just as strange as when they all first starting wearing helmets. Jacques Plante was 1st I think to wear a mask, or was it Gump Worsley?  Watching Bower play seems like a lifetime ago. We were all Leaf fans when they won those 3 Holy Grails in the 60's. Don Awrey's brother and nephew George who was our age lived across the street from us in Hamilton. Don Awrey watched us one afternoon play on the 10X20 foot backyard rink with old Sears magazines stuffed down our leggings. He suggested I stick to Football.

I wonder what that first Jacques Plante mask would go for? He would draw a line and stiches on it every time a puck hit it.

Rest In Peace Mr. Bower. You gave us some thrills watching and learned from you how to be a gentleman.

I watched the service yesterday for Number one. If it didn't give you a lump in your throat, you could arguably not be alive.

Such passion for the game and his family. Such respect for his position and others, so many of us could learn from him.

HH