Peterborough Hospital NF NF

ketchenany

I am going to throw this thing in the lake.I touch the spacebar and sometimes it dumps the site.

I have 705-743-2121. They will give a location and if you ask for the nurses station they might give you a general status like stable, resting unless serious then they won't tell you anything. Tell them you are family and apologize for bothering them as you know they are extremely busy. Don't mention Katty Wynnes name.

Ketch,

They will not tell you much about your friends condition, Due to "PHIPA".

"Personal Health Information Protection Act"

It is in place so the patient has total privacy over any health concerns or conditions.

yep I work in a hospital and you wont get nothing from them,they can not even comfirm a patient is there.

Really?

My brother was admitted to Victoria Hospital (Cancer unit) here in London. The switch board operator gave me his room # and the extension # to his room. She then switched me to the nurses station and they told me what his basic status was.

I never once told them who I was.

Dan.

the only way that info was passed off to you the patient or their representative signed the proper paper work allowing them to pass off that info. I work for St.Joseph Health Care in London and we have to do elearning modules every year on confidential agreement protocol to protect patient privacy.Like I said they can not give out any information to anyone randomly unless patient gives their consent. That is standard province wide.

yep I work in a hospital and you wont get nothing from them,they can not even comfirm a patient is there.

That's not true. Not for Hamilton Health Services at least. Between Mom and Dad being in there too many times in the last few years sometimes I feel I am on a first name basis with staff. I have never been refused information, sometimes very detailed info from the duty nurse on the ward including their primary Physicians name and number. They have even returned calls in the middle of the night.

again an agreement has been made between patient(or caretaker) and staff,if the patient chooses so no information will be given to anybody

http://www.cpso.on.ca/Policies-Publications/Policy/Confidentiality-of-Personal-Health-Information

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/04p03

Edited by bowslayer