Depot Harbour Parry Sound

justin5493

I still don't get it, but that's usually the case. Someone tells me a joke and give the polite chuckle. 3 days latter I'm howling suddenly for no apparent reason. My wife knows I'm nuts, has for 25 years.

I,ll get there some day JD. LOL

• 11 months later...

I went out this weekend to explore fishing at depot harbor. It was my first time going there, got my 1 day fishing permit  costed $10 at 6:45am from the office situated at the start of bridge. The staff was very nice and friendly. 

Around 7:00 am I started fishing, and tried Pautzke salmon eggs. I was not been able to catch any rainbow but hooked a massive pike using Pautzke  salmon egg around 8:30 am, the pike was too big to fit in my medium size net, and was around 45 inch long.  I tried couple of spots at pier but no luck until 11:00 am and I decided to call it day. 

I believe that relying solely on escaped fish from nearby cages is not a good idea because, first of all you don't know if any fish really has escaped and how many escaped or even the escaped fish is still in this area.  At least, I didn't see any rainbow near by that would have escaped from cage, probably, they have improved the cages quality over last few years.  I will give a try again around December or January/march and will post an update.  

Cheers

SJ

If you wanna fish escapees then you're best bet is to buy fish food from the store on the res before going in.   Also, you'll wanna chum those stupid things as well.   

Anyone else catching anything?   Usually it's either hot or dead.