Kawartha's Muskie report

Hank Jr

Just got back from a week of Muskie hunting with my son . We fished Balsam 17 hrs only had 2 follows and one hit from Muskies we did boat a couple small Pike . Went to Pigeon on Tuesday only one in the boat and 1 follow . Once again Sturgeon Lake saved our week in 4 days we boated 11 and had follows , hits and lost hooked fish from 23 other Muskies biggest was only 43" but we saw or had hits from 7 or 8 over 40" fish saw one that was a high 40" fish . Saturday on Sturgeon we had a small Can-Am only 3 boats my son and I each fished with a Canadian and the other boat had 2 Canadians in it . Who ever is behind by lunch time pays for lunch . My son carried the USA team again this year he boated a 43" er and a 30" er before 1 pm the Canadians only had a 37" and a 31" so I want to thank Pete and Mikey for our lunch . By the end of the day the total was 6 Muskies boated another 15 follows , hits and lost fish a fun day but the USA gets bragging rights for yet another year with a total of 110" for the day . We had another Canadian friend come over for the day he is a Bass guy he boated 4 or 5 Smallies around 2 lbs and a couple Large Mouths but he also boated a 35" Muskie and had a 40" Muskie break off at the boat one on a rattle trap the other a small swim bait I'm glad he wasn't on team Canada LOL . I make the rules so next year I'll have a rule no Bass lures allowed in the Can-Am Muskie tournament . Now the sad part I have to wait a whole year to fish the Kawartha's again you guys are lucky to have such good fishing in Ontario

I took my son fishing when he was around 4 years old I hope by now that he is 48 he learned something over the years LOL . He is a casting machine he can cast all day , poor Dad needs a break once in a while from casting those double 10's .