The window of oppor-toon-ity , Ugli Boys Baits, gets a plug

misfish

Woke up to a sprinkle this morning. Apparently, it rained hard all night,( but never heard a thing ) Fog filled the open air , the temp was 18 deg. With a window of about 3 hours before the real rains came again, I set off. No fooling around. Get out, try to hook up and have some FUN.

The sprinkles continued for the first hour. The air was warm, rain the same, and here I was sitting on the toon wearing shorts and a T, again. No rain jacket. No time for dat. The light breeze was from the north/east. First day in many, the bay had a bit of a roll to it. I like this over calm, as when you dead stick, the bait will have some movement. Like a natural bait fish. I just rest the rod on the toon, sit back, sip on my java, listen to tunes, haul on a gifted Russian cigar, and watch the screen. Lazy mans jigging. LOL

I started with my go to swim bait. The one that has been working. It wasn't long till they showed up and chased. And chased. And chased. Here we go again. Good thing I brought lots of quarters today to put in the machine. I was not moving. I set out my 150 ft of anchor, and I was not pull up. I was determined to get hooked up before the rain storm set in.

I look in my tickle trunk box and see an old swim bait package. I have caught lakers on this before. it,s about 4". Then in a bag, theres those red fish head jigs I got off of Bruce.

KIOPQYm.jpg?1

So I set them up and down it went. I start marking it at 50-60-70. Then like clock work, one starts streaming up from the depths. I let the bait fall til they are 5 ft from each other. Lock and load time. Reel the bait at the same speed the chasers is going. We made it to the 70 ft mark and it was, HOOK UP.

The battle was great. A couple of long shoots to the bottom, but managed to get it top side. That fish head jig was buried in it,s yap. Super sharp and strong shank. Just as I get it unbutton and released, the rain was coming fast up the bay. I was happy to land a fish, and can say that Bruce's product, is well, up to laker standards. Great jigs Bruce.

NsCfmW5.jpg

DKR9fXj.png?1

mozfgQi.png?1

Going to make the best of this laker stuff til season close. I dont really target them in the winter, white fish is my game then. Fighting lakers on the toon is a blast.

Need to check the piggy bank for more quarters. This game is addicting.

another nice one

way to go bud

Ah the life of taking vacations. Never knew they were this good. LOL Thanks toonbye

Yup, life is tough all over these days!! :)

I have heard a rumor, hippy life is good up yer way. I,ll check in a couple of days. Plenty of time for that life style.

Edited by Misfish