Ont Fire Fighters enroute to BC

From MNR watch. If anyone hasn't signed up for these news letters you should. It is independent of the Ont. Ministry of Natural Resources. Besides reports like this one they also report on all Ontario Hunting and Fishing related charges, and news .

http://mnrwatch.com/northern-ontario-firefighters-en-route-to-help-fight-b-c-wildfires/

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Kudos to the men that are going!

There is a huge difference in fighting fires in Ontario and BC, just due to the terrain, let alone any other factors. I have tried walking in the bush out there, and unless you have legs as long as a moose, good luck! Plus it always seems to be either straight up, or straight down.

Those guys and gals sure have big Corleone's. Had to Google Martin Mars, impressive since the 40's.

I am not a climate change denier nor think there as is much fake news as purported to be by some. What there is now is 24 hour live TV and there are many more individuals wanting to live in the middle of nature beauty or off the grid and clear a small area and build McMansions smack dab in the middle of high risk fire zones. Where there were once an evac of 500 now it's 10,000 people. Most of these McMansions can't even be insured for fire loss yet they still insist on building. It's like us living on the waters edge and then complaining when we get swept into the lake. Then once a fire rages on many good men and women need to risk their lives to save these shacks and taxpayers fund the efforts. You won't get me to contribute to a Fund Me page when people insist on spitting in Mom Natures face. Sorry, maybe harsh but thems the facts.

I should film them train in fort Frances for you OI

They send off locals and an indiginous group every summer and it's incredible. They walk 20-30km a day with 80lb backpacks all over town

My buddy did it for a few years and he comes back ripped to shreds, barely any body fat left at all

These guys/gals sure work for their money, that's for certain

As part of the RRFN fire response team I can tell you the hoses are heavy, and the suits are very hot/heavy. Heck even your boots are heavy

Edited by manitoubass2