Camping with the boys

RAO

So a couple of years ago I purchased a truck camper that slides into the back of a pickup truck. The idea is that I can take my two boys and wife fishing with little fuss and a bit more comfortable than a tent. I also have a 14' aluminium boat that I pull behind the truck.

What I am wondering about is some places to go. I am not looking for specifics but some place that has a reasonable launch and place to set up camp. I have for years gone to the Shining Tree area but was looking for something closer to home. Can anyone help out.

Thanks,

RAO

Without knowing the area you are looking at camping in it is hard to give any advice.

Some of the areas I know are the Lanark and Ompah area. I use to camp at Govan lake all the time, now I just go in for day traps when I can. You need to buy a road/lot permit to go in and you can buy it online here http://northfrontenacparklands.com. There are to spots on Govan lake you can drive into and camp ( the rest are all on islands ) and each campsite is supplied with a Thunderbox. Some really nice fishing in there especially when there's no one else on the lake.