My 2017 Cruze feedback

GBW

So now that my parents and kids are aware of the trade in on the truck for the 2017 Cruze let me say a few things about it. One; this little turbo 6-spd manual goes like hell when you want it to! Let's just say a 3 car pass takes 1 to 2 gears and seconds to do even at speed... Gas use? Well I got it with an 1/8 of a tank and took $45 to fill and as of today I have gone 550K and still have another 260k left according to the computer based on how I have been driving. So needless to say I am VERY happy I made the change! The only issue I see is having the kids and fishing stuff when I bring the 1pc rods. Otherwise I'm loving it. When I rolled my Subaru years ago it changed me. I hated driving after that hence why I went to a truck. Now that I have been driving this car for a week and a bit I'm back to enjoying driving again and a drive doesn't set my anxiety off knowing I have to do a longer trip. Oh and I cannot wait to highway test it some day soon.

20170505_142902.jpg

It is crazy stupid as you Millennials would say about the speed and power family cars have now with these little 4 and 6 bangers. My wifes 4 door "family car" is close to 300HP with a 6 speed gearbox. It is just as fast off the line tham my 76' Corvette Stingray is. 350CI, 4 speed automatic, 240 HP. Ridiculous. We used to call your family car a sleeper.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It's cool the 6 spd manual is becoming more common compared to the old stuff like 3 on the tree and 4 speeds.

I rented a Cruze auto on a trip. I got way crappier mileage than you because it was a rental and after every stop light I would put the pedal to the floor to feel the lag and then the turbo kick in. My wife probably got whiplash.

I liked it. Very refined but a very fun car to drive.

Next nice weather day Rick I'll snap a few and PM you (provided I recall to do so ;))

OI, this sure is a sleeper! Even the new base Honda Civic is a turbo and goes quick too. I had my car today at 70KPh and drop to 3rd to pass 3 cars and done before I needed to hit 4th gear and had to break after the pass to keep it in the law. Then put it in 5th to be fuel friendly when all said and done. Only hit 6th gear a few times so far to see what the lag is like and how much the gas ratings change. 6th will be more 100 or higher speeds based for me based on how it felt and the system read.

So far out of the 550K I have put on it from city driving to 65K runs at 8oKPh most of the time the computer says my avg is 6.6L/100K. WAY BETTER than the Ram at 14/100 (on a good day) so I'm now saving annually.

It's cool the 6 spd manual is becoming more common compared to the old stuff like 3 on the tree and 4 speeds.

I would put the pedal to the floor to feel the lag and then the turbo kick in. My wife probably got whiplash.

I missed driving a standard car at times and now that I'm back into one not going to change till I have to! And yeah my kids were bouncing around when it kicked in or power shifting. When I was solo on the way back is where it got some 'testing' ;)

Looks like a cool smaller car.

Same size as a focus and civic and so forth.

Hence my issues with 7' 1pc rods when the kids are in it too. Zero issue when the kids are not with me

Jesus, what a nice car!

Leather in trim in the RS is nice and I did figure out how to sync my cell to the 7" display for google map's and calls and even text and email (never going to use those two). I have 3GB of free WiFi data too for 3 or 6 months so that covers mapping needs and then I save the map and use no data as far as I can tell...

Same size as a focus and civic and so forth.

Hence my issues with 7' 1pc rods when the kids are in it too. Zero issue when the kids are not with me

I drove a Chevette hatchback for around 10 years, my wife had a Safari mini van and we didn't need two bigger vehicles, so I had a choice of vehicles to fit my situational needs. With the hatchback my 7ft 1 piece rods and gear all fit easily into the car. It was roughly a 30 mile drive to work, like I needed a gas guzzler to do that, or an expensive car to leave parked in the parking lot for 12-15 hours a day?

I know longer bend well enough to enter a vehicle on my own, so a cargo van works for me! Load me up!

Im just Getting used to all the new gadgets too.

I love to Bluetooth phonecall crap and even the silly lil things like tire pressure monitors.

Also nice to have the rearview camera for once, especially with 190 kids on our block

Since we bought the truck the suv has hardly moved lol(sure that'll change with gas refills lol)

My wife almost soiled herself at the first fill up hahahaha

Yeah but O-F it's now just me hence EX so no need for a 2nd ride (car/truck and pun ;))

The toys are neat but really going to miss the remote start in the winter BUT the heated seats will help, just not my hands...

Edited by GBW

One of my vans had an engine block heater, it was nice on those cold winter days to be able to drive to the corner (1/3 of a mile) and have the heater blowing warm air. They can be more than an engine starting aid in a colder climate.

Oh I get that and I haven't checked if I have one (haha) but if I don't I'll manage as the car will be in the garage once frost hits

I missed driving a standard car at times and now that I'm back into one not going to change till I have to! And yeah my kids were bouncing around when it kicked in or power shifting. When I was solo on the way back is where it got some 'testing' ;)

Power shifting....settle down Mario you got 153 horsepower there lets not get carried away..... :lol::P

Enjoy your new car!!!

Power shifting....settle down Mario you got 153 horsepower there lets not get carried away..... :lol::P

Enjoy your new car!!!

Yes I may only have that but passing a group of 3 at 70kph in an 80 zone (drop to 3rd) took seconds and I was forced to slow down after the pass to try and not be speeding and ticketed down the road. Either way a fun car and by far a 'sports car'

Uh oh lol.

OI, like it or not some people enjoy driving a nice performing vehicle lol.

If I could I'd buy an Audi R8 in a heartbeat

I bought an Audi 5000 new in 79'. 14 or 16 K off the lot, a long time ago. 5 cylinder. The problem was I paid for that car twice by the time I paid for all the repairs to keep it on the road. Starters, alternators, 3 timing belts, thrown rods because of blown timing belt, cracked frame at 50,000 miles, CV joints go like clockwork. I am sure Audi has improved by now. They use A8's as taxi cabs in Europe, there they are just another car.

Smart arse comment deleted, not a good day for button pushing.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

It is what it is. Actually my brother just picked up a nice (looking) Audi TT. The Nissan will blow it away and I bet Geoff's new Chevy will too .

Doubt it but willing to give it a go, hahaha