Flooding?

I just had a 4 hour trip from Burnt River to Lindsay to Whitby (then to SAIL to spend a GC and an hour with my son) and then back to Lindsay. In that time it rained between 70 to 80% of my travels.

Went through Caledonia & York this evening. Grand has dropped a good bit already.

Feel bad for the farmers who have crops on the floodplains that are now covered. I guess we'll see how bad the damage is depending on how long things take to dry out. One field just north of York had some fresh round bales sitting in the water, wrecked now.

In the big scheme of things it's probably not a bad thing for the river to get flushed out, it's been a few years since we've had a really big flood and it's really clearing out the banks. Bad timing though, after planting is finished and things are sprouting.

Went through Caledonia & York this evening. Grand has dropped a good bit already.

Feel bad for the farmers who have crops on the floodplains that are now covered. I guess we'll see how bad the damage is depending on how long things take to dry out. One field just north of York had some fresh round bales sitting in the water, wrecked now.

In the big scheme of things it's probably not a bad thing for the river to get flushed out, it's been a few years since we've had a really big flood and it's really clearing out the banks. Bad timing though, after planting is finished and things are sprouting.

I drove out london way yesterday and saw fields of crops under water, had to do a double take lol

I drove out london way yesterday and saw fields of crops under water, had to do a double take lol

That was the "Holland landing" area too as of late, pump's pumping the water off ASAP! Didn't see it 1st hand but my father did and said it was crazy