Flying Asian Carp

Finally the Flying Asian Carp Story has hit the news .Problem is action has to be taken as soon as possible.

We must start a Canadian wide petition.The time has come we must eliminate the problem.The future of the fisherie is in deep danger.

Why is the US and Canadian Government sleeping :sleeping_02: .I did not know but the Asian carp can grow to over 50 kilograms this means it will have no other predators.What can we do before it is too late. :wallbash:

:angry::( MTP

Visit My Website Not my website but a link about the flying Asian Carp.

Edited by Mike the Pike

well last I heard they are not in Canada..so what can the Canadian gov do..force the us to kill them all...

the US has been trying to deal with them, but they are still migrating north....short of poisoning the whole Mississippi river and others....there isn't much they can do..the fish have breached every barrier they have put up so far.......

I do hope our gov has a plan to slow down the migration once on Canadian soil..or I guess I mean water

Yes if these carp are not stopped they say that the great lakes fishery will be devestated so bad that it will never recover,and nobody is doing anything about it.....and why did they get so abundant so fast,they also say that there have been lots of injuries reported from people getting hit from flying carp...it sounds funny but it isnt,someone will be killed before to long,so i hope both countries govrnments take action right away,BUT WE KNOW THEY WONT DO ANYTHING TILL ITS TO LATE....just like they have done for all the other species that have invaded our lakes.....DAM :angry::dunno::glare::unsure::o

The only solution has been posted on there before..... I can't remember who said it but all the waterways where they are have to totally sterilized of all fish stocks. Then after the cleanup of the dead rotting fish, which will be the hard part the native species will have to be reintroduced. Except for the expense it could be started on tomorrow. I think part of the petition has to include anglers pledging to pony up big dollars to pay for this massively expensive undertaking. To me I would agree to pay up to a 1000.00 bucks over say 3 yrs..... more if I could afford it.

The only other answer to eliminate the Asian carp is a very targeted virus specific to their DNA. Can that be done? Hell why limit the virus to just asian carp lets get as many carp of any variety as possible too. Although I know the carp fisherman would be upset about that. Not to mention there would need to be a massive increase in the number of other bottom feeders that are native to those waters to keep doing whatever beneficial task carp do for the enviorment if any. Which I doubt because apparently the waters were just fine before they got artifically introduced here as well.

Personally, the catfish pond owners who imported the first Asian Carp to keep their ponds "clean" should be shot for such stupidity..... But that won't put the genie back in the bottle.

Edited by Canuck2fan

The only solution has been posted on there before..... I can't remember who said it but all the waterways where they are have to totally sterilized of all fish stocks. Then after the cleanup of the dead rotting fish, which will be the hard part the native species will have to be reintroduced. Except for the expense it could be started on tomorrow. I think part of the petition has to include anglers pledging to pony up big dollars to pay for this massively expensive undertaking. To me I would agree to pay up to a 1000.00 bucks over say 3 yrs..... more if I could afford it.

The only other answer to eliminate the Asian carp is a very targeted virus specific to their DNA. Can that be done? Hell why limit the virus to just asian carp lets get as many carp of any variety as possible too. Although I know the carp fisherman would be upset about that. Not to mention there would need to be a massive increase in the number of other bottom feeders that are native to those waters to keep doing whatever beneficial task carp do for the enviorment if any. Which I doubt because apparently the waters were just fine before they got artifically introduced here as well.

Personally, the catfish pond owners who imported the first Asian Carp to keep their ponds "clean" should be shot for such stupidity..... But that won't put the genie back in the bottle.

It was Marc who said to sterilize the problem. :(