Walleye/Pike opener on Georgian Bay

kickingfrog

Starting to plan some fishing trips and I noticed that the regs say that zone 14 (Georgian Bay) opener is May 1st. I thought it was first Saturday in May. Maybe it's always been that way but I've not had a chance to fish until the 1st Saturday. :dunno:

http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/2017/2017_FMZ_13_14_English.pdf

Here we go again, I haven't memorized the entire fishing regs yet. Can't you read English? It's a bad inside joke from another recent thread about fishing regs. I know you can read. It is pretty clear that Walleye opens May 1st with a slot limit. You didn't mention what fish you only said opener but you are good for Trout as well. No Bass no Musky. With 8000 posts we should be asking you.

A few years ago there was 5 Saturdays in June and we always thought Bass opened on the last Saturday, talk about confusion, even though if anyone of us planning the local Bass tourney bothered to read the book it was pretty clear. Reading the regs isn't as much fun as a good argument on the deck.

When it is legal to fish good luck to you and have a great time Frog Kicker. That's mean you know, poor little Froggy.

Here we go again, I haven't memorized the entire fishing regs yet. Can't you read English? It's a bad inside joke from another recent thread about fishing regs. I know you can read. It is pretty clear that Walleye opens May 1st with a slot limit. You didn't mention what fish you only said opener but you are good for Trout as well. No Bass no Musky. With 8000 posts we should be asking you.

A few years ago there was 5 Saturdays in June and we always thought Bass opened on the last Saturday, talk about confusion, even though if anyone of us planning the local Bass tourney bothered to read the book it was pretty clear. Reading the regs isn't as much fun as a good argument on the deck.

When it is legal to fish good luck to you and have a great time Frog Kicker. That's mean you know, poor little Froggy.

Not completely sure what point(s) were being made here... but we already know why that is.

My title might not have been clear enough, but I'm not much of a reader. The trout opener comment was in response to another point someone made is regards to misunderstandings that some might make but I also have trouble following a simple thread chain as well.

There was no question either or argument, Just a comment:

"Maybe it's always been that way but I've not had a chance to fish until the 1st Saturday."