No loose lips here (fishing related, pics)

Dutch01

I fished both Saturday and Sunday today. What an awesome way to spend the weekend.

Saturday I brought home a walleye and a laker:

EFC8CC34-BDDC-4A7B-BF46-0E48D898BBA8_zps

Sadly, the laker was given to my by a friend, so I still haven't iced a laker of my own.

Here's a pic showing my spot for those that can figure it out:

8ED5771B-CD8C-4DF4-B12A-D66AB6689351_zps

Today we hit Simcoe. We were late getting there and then our first spot was dead. Not even a dink. It wasn't looking good, so we moved spots. I'm so glad we did! We caught easily a hundred+ perch the rest of the day on that one spot. I kept 13 for table, my buddy kept a similar amount. The rest went back.

Here's the p0rn:

B2F707CC-6F2C-49EE-8BA9-CCED8B62657A_zps

Here's another pic showing my spot:

9F905122-D953-46A4-AA36-2831DFBEEB56_zps

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did.

Dutch

Edited by Dutch01

I was sitting in a spot about 50+ KM away called an office so good on ya. PS, very nice sled set up!

Thanks! First time we had them out since building them. They handled some really rough ice okay, and they take so little effort to pull (at least on ice, we'll see about the snow).

You'll like the smitty sled in the snow. I built one two years ago. I'm not saying it doesn't take some effort in deeper snow, but it's a lot better than trying to drag the entire surface area of a toboggan! Nice fish, I fished Simcoe on Friday, had to sort through lots of small fish to come up with a decent meal. but the fishing was steady all day!

I too plan on making one for the lower effort needed for when in snow VS the toboggan being a plow

It's night and day so far, at least on the ice. I could pull it with one finger. I can't believe I waited so long to build them.

Edited by Dutch01

You'll like the smitty sled in the snow. I built one two years ago. I'm not saying it doesn't take some effort in deeper snow, but it's a lot better than trying to drag the entire surface area of a toboggan! Nice fish, I fished Simcoe on Friday, had to sort through lots of small fish to come up with a decent meal. but the fishing was steady all day!

Ooooh. I didn't know there were fish in the lake that is in the first photo. Thanks!

All teasing aside, great report. Glad you managed to get on some fish. Looks like it was a great weekend.

good report, glad you guys did well!

Thanks guys. Let's hope the ice holds up this week. I'm already feeling the pull to get back out there and it's only Monday!

Nice work man!

Fishing wad slow for me all weekend. But at least i got out!

Going to take the kids out for perch this weekend.

What depth did you find the perch in?

They were in approximately 25' of water.

Edited by Dutch01